Google Drive Move Files from One Account to Another
Google storage drive is the most usable drive amongst all other cloud storage drives. It allows the user to save data up to 15 GB on the cloud for free and after that users have to pay for access space. But most of the users use the use secondary option which includes the creation of another account of Google Drive application. And for this, the user tries to migrate some data of their old account of Google Drive to their new account of the same storage drive.
There are many methods through which one can perform Google Drive move files from one account to another account of Google Drive. Through the help of this article, you will be able to perform this cloud drive migration process with the most relevant manual methods. Through the first one, you can transfer files from one Google Drive account to another one directly. With the use of the second method, you can perform this by downloading and uploading process. But still both of the methods are lengthy and time-consuming so try these two if Google Drive migration process is really required.
Manual Method to Perform Google Drive Move Files from One Account to Another
Method #1. Direct Method by Using the Share Section of Google Drive
Remember that if you want to transfer some files from one account of Google Drive to another Google Drive account then you may follow the following steps:
- Sign in to that Google Drive account (source account) from which you want to transfer data.
- Now, from the same account select those files which will be migrated from this account.
- After that, right-click on those selected files and hit on the Share option which is given in the drop-down menu.
- Enter the required information of that Google Drive account (destination account) in which all data will be transferred from the source account.
- Click on the Advanced button which is on the bottom right corner of that window.
- Here you have to give permission (Is Owner) as per your requirement.
- Now you can hit on the Send option to transfer selected data.
- Now, login into your destination account in incognito window and then go with Shared With Me folder where you can find that migrated data.
Method #2. Google Drive Move Files from One Account to Another Account by Downloading and Uploading Method
This method includes two process first you need to download data from your source Google Drive account and then follow the uploading process into the destination account of Google Drive.
- Open your Google Drive account and then create a new folder and name it as per your choice.
- Now follow the drag and drop process and transfer required data or files into this newly created folder.
- After that right-click on that created folder and choose Download option to store that folder on your system drive.
- This process creates a zip file on your computer’s hard disk. You can easily unzip that saved file.
- Now login to your destination Google Drive account and hit on the New button to add folder or files on this drive account.
- Browse the exact location to save selected data and click on the Open button to view migrated data.
Both of these methods can be processed manually but it is a lengthy process and cannot utilize for the migration process between multiple accounts of Google Drive. These methods may not maintain the structure of data.
Third-Party Solution – Google Drive Move Files from One Account to Another
Through the use of third-party software that is the Cloud Drive Migration Tool, any of us can perform the Google Drive migration process. This tool is the best way to move files from one Google Drive to another Google Drive account as it allows to Google Drive move files from one account to another account with selective data, you can use file type filtration and date range filtration to perform selective migration. Users can select multiple accounts of Google Drive application as a source as well as destination. You can use this tool without any special knowledge as it has all features with simple usability.
With this software, you can migrate data from Google Drive accounts to the accounts of various cloud drives like Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox. This software can maintain the folder structure so that all users can understand migrated files and folders.
You can try the manual procedure to understand the perform Google Drive move files from one account to another account. If you want to try an automated tool then you can download its free edition on any Windows Operating System as this tool can work with all Windows OS. A complete migration process can be performed with the use of the licensed version of this tool.