How to Save Exchange Mailbox to PST File – Challenges and Solutions
Are you an Exchange user and need to export your Exchange mailbox items to PST? Then read this blog that will discuss about challenges while saving mailbox data from Exchange environment. Apart from that a solution will also be discussed to help you and other such users come out of this tricky situation.
Nowdays, Exchange Server is used at corporate levels as well as small organizational level for transferring messages, sharing files and documents, establishing and managing communication between Internal and External Microsoft Exchange Domains. The Exchange Server has various features to offer to its users, which includes file and data sharing, email exchanging and secure access on various platforms such as Desktop, Smartphones, Tabs, installed on Windows Servers.
Exchange provides Export/Import Wizard for saving user mailboxes through Exchange Admin Center and PowerShell commands. But since this method is quite technical, novice users may not be able to complete it successfully and may encounter the following errors :
Errors Faced During Exchange Move Mailbox to PST
This section will discuss about some common errors faced by Exchange users while saving Exchange mailboxes to local PST file format.
- Export Mailbox Command Not Recognized : This PowerShell Command error occurs when :
- Source mailbox path, from where user is required to export the resultant file, is Incorrectly defined
- No Import/Export permission is granted to the Administrator for exporting intended users’ mailboxes to PST through PowerShell
- Destination Folder path is incorrect
- Export Mailbox MAPI Error Or Unspecified Service Provider in Exchange: While migrating Exchange mailboxes to PST, users encounter certain error messages like :
- “Export Mailbox MAPI Error Or Unspecified Service Provider” or
- “Error Code: 1056749164″ or
- “ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000″ or
- “Error Code=0xc1054005, Event ID: 1008”.
The major reason for this error is:
- Mailbox Export Request Stuck Queued: Many times, after executing the PowerShell export command, MS Exchange users are required to wait for an overlong time period because of the “mailbox export request stuck in queued” error.
- This error doesn’t let Exchange mailbox items to move from the Source mailbox Folder to the Resultant Destination folder (PST file at local system).
- Exchange Export Access to the Path is Denied: While executing the Command “[PS] C :\> New-MailboxExportRequest “userabc” -FilePath “\\MYSERVER\PST\userabc.pst <file://MYSERVER/PST/userabc.pst>” to save Exchange mailboxes to PST, an error message appears showing “+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [New-MailboxExportRequest], RemotePermanentException”.
- This error may occur either because of the file path issue or the parameters used alongwith the export Command, like [-BadItemLimit], [-IncludeFolders <String>], [-Exclude Folders <String>], [-ContentFilter ] etc.
To export Exchange mailboxes to PST via PowerShell commands without encountering these above-mentioned errors, you need to have strong technical expertise of this topic. Otherwise you may end up losing or corrupting your crucial data. Another option to avoid such situation is the use of an automated solution.
Professional Solution to Save Exchange Mailbox to PST File with Accurate Data
The above mentioned errors can be easily avoided if you choose a professional utility for Exchange move mailbox to PST. Exchange Migrator Tool is one of the finest tool that provides expert solution to resolve all issues regarding Exchange mailbox data to PST migration. It is capable of saving all mailbox items including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, journals etc. from Exchange/Hosted Exchange environment to PST on a local system. Additionally, the tool supports Exchange data transfer to Office 365 and another Exchange Server. Multiple Exchange mailboxes data migration is also supported by this tool. Its simple GUI is helpful for both naïve and technical users alike, who can easily save Exchange data to PST by following these simple steps :
First download the software from the given below download link :
- Now launch the software on any Windows Server machine and Click on Add button to enter your Exchange account credentials
- Enter your Exchange Login details from which you want to export mailbox data
- Choose the required mailboxes from which you want to export Exchange data
- Now choose PST as the desired output option and click on Next
- Choose the migration type from source mailbox and click Next
- Choose required folders as shown on the left pane of the software window. Set desired filters and other options from the software right pane and Click Next
- The software will now start export all Exchange mailbox items to PST. A live progress status bar is also provided by the software showing mailbox name, folders, Item count, status etc.
- The export process will complete and will open a message window showing “Conversion Completed” message.
The occurrence of errors while saving Exchange data to PST via PowerShell commands is leading to failure of the entire process, which ultimately has become a headache for users. Therefore, a profession solution is discussed to help them easily save Exchange mailbox to PST file. A free demo edition is also provided which allows to save first 25 items per mailbox to PST, Exchange and Office 365, absolutely free.