Thunderbird Import Email Account to Outlook Quickly
Import Thunderbird Email Database to PST for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 with Attachments
Advanced by Mozilla Inc., Thunderbird used to be the most popular and most commonly used email client. But, now the time has different, and users are importing to Outlook 2019, 2016 or any other edition because of a few reasons.
In this post, we will discuss why users are switching from Thunderbird to the mailbox to Outlook 2016 or any other edition, and how to import Thunderbird email account to Outlook manually and with the third-party automated tool. And at last, we will also discuss why you should go with the third-party Thunderbird to PST Tool.
Reasons to Import Thunderbird Mailboxes to Outlook
Why users Dislike Mozilla Thunderbird
- In the Mozilla Thunderbird, data security is not worthy
- You are not allowed to manage or organize tasks.
- The calendar is missing.
- RSS feed is not adequately integrated.
- You are not allowed to create any rules.
Why Users Prefer Microsoft Outlook
- Easy to utilize for every user.
- Data security is good.
- You are allowed to create notes.
- It supports both IMAP and POP.
- SPAM filtering is great.
- A great RSS feed system.
- The calendar feature is unbelievable for everyday work management.
As you can see, MS Outlook has a number of benefits over Mozilla Thunderbird. This is the main reason why users are interested in using it than any other email application. Now let’s see how to perform Thunderbird import email account to Outlook process.
How to Import Email Account from Thunderbird to Outlook?
There are a number of manual methods using which you can easily access the data of Thunderbird MBOX to PST. Let’s see those techniques one by one.
Manual Method #1. Use the IMAP Feature in Mozilla Thunderbird and Then MS Outlook
IMAP is an Internet Message Access Protocol that allows you to synchronize your email application. You can use this feature instantly, as it needs a few steps only.
Follow the below steps to use the IMAP feature:
Note: you will need the Gmail account, an MS Outlook account, and a Thunderbird account to see this technique or method work.
- Firstly, start Mozilla Thunderbird and set up your Gmail account by using IMAP.
- When the account is configured, make a new folder in the Gmail account with the Thunderbird application.
- Now, choose all the emails that you want to access through Outlook and move them to the new folder.
- When all the emails are transferred into the newly created folder, start MS Outlook.
- Now configure your Gmail account here there the exact way you did in Thunderbird.
- Choose emails that you need to access with MS Outlook, and drag them to the new folder in Outlook.
That’s it. You are completed with the Thunderbird to Outlook conversion.
Note: The above-mentioned process may look simple but only for those who are professional experts. If you are not a technical person, then it is suggested to go with the last method i.e. third-party automated tool which is suitable for both professional and non-professional users to achieve the same task of Thunderbird import email account to Outlook.
Manual Method #2. – Make use of the EML Feature
EML is the file format, which is accessible in almost all email applications along with Outlook 2019, 2016, etc. And the best part is that Mozilla Thunderbird allows you to save the selected email as an EML file that you can import into Outlook 2016 or any other edition.
Let’s know how to use this technique to achieve Thunderbird import email account to Outlook task:
- Open Thunderbird.
- Choose the email, which you wish to access with Outlook.
- Now save it as an EML file on your computer.
- Then repeat steps 2 and 3 to save all emails to be viewed in Outlook.
- When you have saved all EML files, open Outlook.
- Now use the import feature to open the EML file, or you can use the drag and drop feature as well.
That’s it. Your emails are now in MS Outlook and you can use them as need. The email properties remain the same.
Note: The above-mentioned process is pretty reliable and quick, but only when you need to import only selected emails. But, if you are searching to import Thunderbird files to PST, then jump to the next described method.
Thunderbird Import Email Account to Outlook with Third-Party Tool
Thunderbird stores its email data in three file formats that are – MBOX file, EML files, and SBD files. And Outlook supports PST files to keep their data. So, here we recommend you the best and perfect solution – Thunderbird Converter. It is a direct solution that can auto-locate your configured Thunderbird profile and import that into the Outlook PST file. It also allows you to choose the Thunderbird profile mailboxes which you saved separately at the local system or hard drive. The Thunderbird to PST software is well-supported with all types of Thunderbird files such as – no extension mailbox, EML files, SBD files, and MBOX files to import into PST files for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc. So, now lets’ know the working of this tool to achieve Thunderbird import email account to Outlook task.
- Open Thunderbird Converter on your Windows desktop.
- First, select Emails, and then choose the option between Import default configured Thunderbird mailboxes, and Let me choose other Thunderbird mailboxes saved individually. And then, click on the Next.
- Now, choose File Mode or Folder Mode to upload Thunderbird files for importing into Outlook PST file. Then, press on the Next
- After clicking on Next, you can see the preview of every selected Thunderbird email before importing it into PST. And then, hit on the Next
- Select PST File (MS Outlook) as Output Type to save Thunderbird mailboxes, and then press on the Next
- Now choose the Destination Path by using the option of Browse and hit on the Export to start the process of Thunderbird import email account to Outlook.
- After clicking on the Export, the software will start the process of Thunderbird mailboxes to Outlook. Once, the process is done, click on the OK to accomplish the task.
Why Should We Use Third-Party Tool?
There are lots of reasons to go with the professional tool, and some of them are mentioned below:
- User-friendly graphical interface.
- Supports unlimited email data migration.
- Able to import selected or all emails as per your need.
- Multiple saving options including PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, PDF, Exchange Server, Office 365, G Suite, Gmail, Outlook.com, and Yahoo Mail.
- Live preview of the emails fetched from the Thunderbird mailbox.
- Allows saving complete conversion report in CSV file using Save Report option.
As you can see, a software or converter has so many useful and advanced features that make the entire task of Thunderbird import email account to Outlook not only comfortable but quick as well. You can go with the automated tool because it also provides a free demo version allowing you to save the first 20 emails per mailbox to PST files.
Related Blog Posts: