Migrating Office 365 to G Suite – Direct Solution
There are many reasons for which companies decide to perform the procedure for migrating Office 365 to G Suite. But to follow the migrating procedure you have to take some steps to secure the migration process. G Suite has more features than Office 365 like:
- G Suite application is much faster than the Office 365 application which becomes the primary reason for the switching of the account from Office 365 to G Suite.
- It works on the browser which means you have not to install this application of your computer system whereas Office 365 application has to be installed on your computer system.
- User can use the G Suite application from any device like mobile tablets and other devices, on the other hand, Office 365 application can be used on only those devices which have installed Office 365 application.
- G Suite allows you to create any document directly from your mailbox and you can also edit your saved data without any need for other applications.
Manual Process for Migrating Office 365 to G Suite
With this process you can move Office 365 to G Suite as through this you can migrate complete data from Office 365 to desired G Suite account. But it has some restrictions like you cannot move emails, contact, and calendars through a single time process. You have to perform the following steps many times to migrate data from Office 365 to the account of G Suite application. You need to perform two methods for migrating Office 365 to G Suite, first is to be performed before the start of the migration process and second to migrate data from Office 365 to another account of G Suite application.
#1. Pre-Migration Procedure to Migrate Office 365 into G Suite
- Log in to your Office 365 account. Through the use of Admin Panel, go for the Exchange option if you are in the web version or choose apps and click on the Security and Compliances if you are operating with the desktop version.
- Open the Permission section. Click on the add button (+) in the Admin Role section and then fill all required information and press on the add button (+) again. Opt first role as Application Impersonation and then choose ViewOnly-Configuration for the second role.
- Click on the Save button and then move towards the Admin Roles section again and then hit on the add button (+) then add details of your required account.
Note: this process takes time to compete, you have to wait for 10 to 20 minutes to perform the procedure for migrating Office 365 to G Suite application.
#2. Migrating Office 365 to G Suite Application
- Now, login to your G Suite Admin Console and then click on the Data Migration option.
- Select email and then in the section of Migration Source field, go with Microsoft Office 365.
- You are required to select Exchange Web Services from the Connection Protocol section. Now it shows you a new section of the software where you have to enter the web address of your Office 365 account.
- Through the help of the Role account field, enter your email address and password of the selected role account. Now go with the Connect button.
- On the very next window, this will show you some sections through which you have to fill all your requirements according to which you want to migrate data from Office 365 to G Suite account.
- Hit on the Select Users option and from the help of the next window which shows your destination and source account sections, choose desired accounts and go with the Start option.
Through this process for migrating Office 365 to G Suite account, you have to wait for a long time, actually, it depends on the size of data and on the no. of emails. It is assumed that it takes an hour to migrate 2000 emails from Office 365 to G Suite account. So this process can transfer data but with some restrictions and cannot perform without technical help.
#3. Migrate Office 365 Data to G Suite with Automated Software
There is also a software that is Office 365 Converter through which you can add required data from Office 365 to G Suite account directly and safely without following any lengthy and technical procedure. Follow these steps to perform the process for migrating Office 365 to G Suite account:
Step 1. Download and install Office 365 Converter on your desktop.
Step 2. Through the help of Select Email Source section of the first window of this software choose Office 365 as your source email application and then fill all required login credentials.
Step 3. Now, select destination application (G Suite) from the Backup window of this software and enter all required information of your G Suite account. After that, you can choose the required Filter options to perform the process for migrating Office 365 to G Suite with selective data.
Step 4. After all the above steps now, click on the Backup button to resume the migration process and wait for the completion of the process. After migration, it will show you the window which contains the completion message.
You can use this software on any Windows Operating System and perform the process for unlimited migrating from Office 365 to G Suite application. This can maintain the structure of migrated data so that every user can understand the complete data with an easy view.
After this thorough discussion, you can understand the procedure through which you can perform the process for migrating Office 365 to G Suite account. If you want to try this migration process with another way that is easy to understand then you should go with Office 365 Converter which has all features and options to migrate complete data from Office 365 to G Suite application directly in a less time-consuming process. Through the use of this software, you can also perform Office 365 tenant to tenant migration process.
Related Article: Move Office 365 to New Account