How to Import Outlook PST File to Mac Mail?
Summary: So in this blog session, I will describe to you multiple solutions on how to import Outlook PST file to Mac Mail without any hassle.
There can be times when the Outlook email program crashes due to several reasons like malware attacks, improper system termination, cyber-attacks, and many others. Moreover, if you want to backup the data in some other trustworthy and feasible email programs like Mac Mail. Well, performing the email conversion process is not that easy as both the email application i.e. Outlook and Mac Mail/Apple Mail supports different file formats to save the data.
Thus, to make the conversion process simple and less complicated, you can completely rely on this article wherein we have disclosed result-oriented approaches to open and access Outlook emails on Apple Mail.
Reasons Why Users Want to Import PST File to Mac Mail
Numerous users have problems moving the Outlook PST file to Apple Mail/Mac Mail. Some reasons are explained below:
- If the users switch from the Windows Operating Systems to the Apple Mac Operating System, they need to import their Outlook data .pst into the Mac .mbox.
- In case of accidental deletion of PST data, hard drive corruption, Outlook PST corruption, etc. It is a smart option to move PST files to Mac Mail.
- As Mac Mail (Known as Apple Mail) is a free and default email program that comes under Mac OS. Therefore, one can switch Mac Mail from Outlook email application.
Looking for the manual process? Explore the same in the below section!
How to Import Outlook PST File to Mac Mail Manually?
- Open the Outlook email program on the Mac OS.
- Go to Menu >> File>> Import option to view the Outlook emails in Mac Mail.
- On the next screen, select Outlook Data Files (.pst or .olm) button and press the bottom right allows to proceed further.
- Under Choose a File Type screen, choose Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst) and click the bottom arrow to continue.
- After that, browse the PST file and import the same to open Outlook PST file on Mac Mail.
- After a successful import procedure, press the Done button wherein the PST file will open in the Mac Outlook application.
- Then, you need to drag the folder including PST data to the Mac desktop in which all the converted files will now convert into MBOX format.
- Finally, you can smoothly import the converted MBOX file to Apple Mail
What are the Limitations or Drawbacks Related to the Manual Solution?
The manual method is cost-free, it needs more effort to perform the process and consumes a lot of time. The following are the limitations of the manual method to access Outlook PST file on Mac Mail.
- Needs Microsoft Outlook configuration on Mac machine.
- Non-technical users fail to follow this approach due to its complex steps.
- Incorrectly following the steps may lead to a data loss issues.
- Users need technical knowledge to perform the tricky and lengthy process.
By Using Professional Tool – Import PST Files to Apple Mail/Mac Mail with Attachments
CubexSoft PST Converter is the most used and top-rated software on the market to move Outlook PST files to Mac Mail. With this software, you can quickly migrate PST files to various file formats such as – PDF, MBOX, EML, MSG, DOC, RTF, HTML, ICS, DOC, Office 365, Gmail, Exchange Server, etc. It also contains advanced and powerful features that make it possible to migrate PST files without any difficulty like users can export multiple PST files at one time without any problem.
The software has more amazing features which are mentioned below:
This Outlook PST Converter software can easily migrate PST files to multiple file formats like – MBOX, PDF, EML, Thunderbird, MSG, CSV, Office 365, Yahoo Mail, Exchange Server, TXT, Vcard, Gmail, G Suite, etc.
This software allows to bulk export Outlook PST files to Apple Mail MBOX file format directly.
You can easily manage their exported files by using the file naming option.
This application migrates PST files without changing their structures.
It also offers an option to export single files or folders by using the add files option.
Software Steps to Import PST Files to Mac Mail MBOX File Format
- Install & launch the software on your machine.
- Then, click on Add Files option to add PST files for the conversion process.
- Now, press the Export button to select the saving output format from the list.
- After that, browse the location to save the converted files and click on the Convert button to start the process.
- After completing the conversion, the software shows a message “process completed successfully”. Then click the OK button to end the process.
The Final Words
In conclusion, all of the methods explained above are good for exporting PST file into Mac Mail, although the manual method has certain drawbacks, as we explained above. A professional solution, which is the best piece of software, is also available. The software, which I suggest, has amazing capabilities for know how to import Outlook PST file to Mac Mail.