Quick Zimbra to RoundCube Webmail Migration with Accurate Data
Do you want to know best method to migrate Zimbra to RoundCube Web Server, then you are at right place! Here, you will get to know best possible solution to help you perform Zimbra to RoundCube webmail migration. But before proceeding further, first lets check out some users queries as given below :
I have been using Zimbra Server for managing my mailboxes for the last seven years. But storing all these mailboxes on Zimbra Server is burdening me with additional costs, which I am unable to bear now. Therefore, I want to migrate my Zimbra mailboxes to RoundCube webmail. I have already exported my entire Zimbra mailboxes in TGZ files. The only thing that I need now is to move these TGZ files into RoundCube account. But unfortunately, I don’t have any idea about how do it. So, if someone could suggest me an easy method for migrating my Zimbra mailboxes to RoundCube, would be of great help. Thank you.
– Emila Perterson
I use Zimbra Desktop as my email client for doing my entire business communication. But it is not working properly from the last few months. This problem has become quite serious from the last few days, and I am unable to do my work properly. I have a business meeting in the next few days and need constant communication with the entire personnel, who are directly or indirectly involved in the proposed meeting. And this seems impossible with Zimbra Desktop. So, can you please suggest me an easily solution to help me switch from Zimbra to another server or cloud app?
– Tim Anderson
Is There any Easy Way to Switch from Zimbra to RoundCube?
If we search for a webmail service then RoundCube emerge as the best among them. It’s a cloud-based service that comes free with hosting service and supports open-source platform. If you want to perform Zimbra to RoundCube data migration, then let me tell you that there is no manual method for doing so. Even if you are planning to do so via IMAP, it will still not work. Because you will need to export Zimbra TGZ files that you have saved in your local hard drive.
Infact, RoundCube supports to import .eml or .mbox files only, and that too with 50MB of capped space. Therefore, it is good to forget about any manual method for Zimbra to RoundCube migration and search for
Automated Solution to Migrate Zimbra User Accounts Data to RoundCube Account Directly
CubexSoft Zimbra Converter is an outstanding solution to export Zimbra mailboxes to RoundCube web server. It’s a powerful application that supports batch migration of unlimited Zimbra TGZ files RoundCube at once. Users also get the option of previewing their data, perform selective migration using advance filters, and much more. Moreover, It is capable of migrating TGZ files of Zimbra Desktop/ Zimbra Web Client (ZWC) / Zimbra Collaboration Server (ZCS), without any data loss. Zimbra to RoundCube Webmail Migration Tool has a simple interface and is easy to handle for both technical and non-technical users. All users can easily migrate their Zimbra user profiles to RoundCube, as shown in the following steps :
- First download and install the software on your PC
- Add Zimbra mailboxes using the three options provided : Add Files, Add Folders and Add Extracted Folders
- Check preview of the loaded Zimbra files in the preview pane
- Click on Export and select IMAP Server from the drop down list
- Enter your RoundCube webmail login details, IMAP Port and Host number. Apply required filters and click on Convert button to continue further
- The software will start exporting Zimbra mailboxes to RoundCube and displays complete progress status
- On successful completion, a new message window opens showing “conversion done successfully” message.
Prominent Features of Zimbra TGZ to RoundCube Tool
- Supports batch migration of unlimited Zimbra TGZ files to RoundCube IMAP account at once
- Migrate Zimbra mailboxes to RoundCube with all emails, mail folders and custom folders
- Maintains to keep intact all email properties like Meta headers, formatting, hyperlinks, message content, inline images, attachments etc.
- Preserves folder hierarchy of all Zimbra mailboxes precisely
- Provides various advance filters to migrate selective Zimbra data
- Works without installation of Zimbra Desktop client
- Suitable for all Zimbra Desktop and ZCS editions
- Works well on all Windows OS, including Windows 11
Q. How can I extract TGZ files from my Zimbra Desktop?
A. Open Zimbra Desktop and go to preferences >> Import/Export.
Under Export options, choose required data types and click on Export button. Choose destination location to save TGZ files and clikc on Save button.
To know step by step procedure to extract TGZ files from Zimbra Desktop, watch this video tutorial
Q. Is there any file size limitation while using this tool?
A. No, there is no file size limitation and you can migrate unlimited Zimbra files of any size to RoundCube account, without any interruption or data loss.
Q. Which Windows editions are supported by this tool?
A. Zimbra to RoundCube Bulk Migration Tool supports all Windows OS editions – 11, 10, 8.1, 8 etc. and Windows Server editions – 2019, 2016, 2012 etc.
Its Time to Conclude Now
Migrating from one platform to another is always a tough task and users feel the same with performing Zimbra to RoundCube webmail migration. Through this blog, we have tried to help users with best possible solution to migrate Zimbra to RoundCube account using professional utility. They can also check its working efficiency using its free demo edition. After getting satisfying results with the free trial tool, they can opt for purchasing its licensed edition.