RRV Bucket Error in Lotus Notes Database – [SOLVED]
The blog has provided quick guide to solve RRV bucket error in Lotus Notes database. Everyone already knows that Lotus Notes by IBM offers business collaboration functions like to do list, emails, calendar, file sharing, contacts etc. It is always accessed by personals, business professionals, students and other users to perform the task of email communication.
Lotus Notes designed in a way that its authenticity is not dependent on operating system on which it is installed. It is customizable/configured by users for the direct use of active directory. The Lotus Notes email client recognize NSF files by replica ID and keep replicate files synchronized by bidirectional Exchange data.
RRV stands for Record Relocation Vector that identifies particular Notes or object ID in Lotus Notes database. The main aim of RRV is to search for specific Notes ID in the IBM Notes database and tell the Notes its place of existence. However, when RRV files corrupted, then it is not possible for Lotus Notes to find particular object identifier. In such situation, database fails to open object when generating new replica and shows an error message on the screen “rrv bucket error in Lotus Notes database”.
In the following blog, one will come across of RRV Bucket and its functionality as well as the reasons behind RRV bucket error in Lotus Notes database and solutions to resolve the same.
Why RRV Bucket Corrupts?
Before knowing the reasons of RRV bucket corruption. Let us first discuss the different situations occur that result in the corruption of RRV bucket:
- Invalid file or corrupted
- Error in locating or reading file
- File not found in database
- Unauthorized database
- Accessing Lotus Notes file using different file extensions
- Cannot allocate space – Database corrupt
Note: Before implementing action on IBM Notes database files, first secure your data.
Reasons behind RRV Bucket Corruption
Archived database corruption – Corruption arises when the mailbox size is large. To solve the same, first extract mail file from database backup copy and then create new archive database.
Templates/database corruption – To fix this, make use of Lotus Repair inbuilt utility. At first, make sure to restore data first from Lotus Notes backup file.
Virus Attack – Compact database before file size increases that later create trouble in opening other emails.
Inappropriate shutdown of system – Utilize power batteries, UPS and shutdown the system appropriately.
Unexpected Hardware Failure – Frequently do the maintenance of system.
How to Fix RRV Bucket Error in Lotus Notes Database?
Method 1. Recreate Archived database
Build New Archive Lotus Notes Database
- Go to File, click Database and navigate to Properties option.
- Hit “i” tab.
- Now, you will disk space specification that showing amount of space currently used by Lotus Notes data.
- Apply preferred archive settings.
- Open mail application.
- For opening mail settings, go to Actions, select Archive and hit Settings.
- From Criteria tab, select option of Default for last modified.
Schedule Archive Automatically
- Run Lotus Notes email client.
- Move to Actions, click Archive and hit Settings.
- Select Schedule archiving using Schedule tab.
- Choose desired time and date to automatically process file archive.
Manual Archive of Lotus Notes
- Run Lotus Notes.
- Open desired folder to archive.
- Click Actions, select Archive and hit Archive Now option.
- Press Yes to start process of archiving.
Drag and Drop Method to Archive Database
- Open desired mail or folder to archive in IBM Notes app.
- Choose messages to archive and easily drag them to archive folder present in Navigation pane.
Method 2. Repair Database Corruption
- Run Command Prompt and change directory to Lotus Notes app.
- Enter “exe X:/<name-and-location-of-the>.nsf”
- Command will perform quick scan of Lotus Notes NSF file and tries to fix the same when corrupted.
- Enter “exe X:/< name-and-location-of-the>.nsf”
- Command will compact NSF file.
- Enter “nupdall –r X:/<name-and-location-of-the>.nsf”
- Command will recreate complete NSF index.
Method 3. Recreate and Recover Icons/Bookmarks
- Close Lotus Notes email client.
- Now, rename names.nsf to names.old.
- Discard bookmarks.nsf
- Replace the name of desktop8.dsk to desktop8.old.
- Make copy of notes.ini.
- Modify notes.ini with desired values.
- Delete entire thing except first 5 lines.
- Start Lotus Notes email app again.
- The email client will build names.nsf, desktop8.dsk and also bookmarks.
Method 4. Compact Lotus Notes Database
- Open desired IBM Notes database.
- Click File, select Database and hit Properties.
- Open Info tab.
- Click % used option.
- Compressed database if it is less than 90%.
- Click Compact.
Corruption in database of Lotus Notes is a risky issue as it can cause trouble in locating NSF file or Notes ID. You will see that all smart, latest and easy solutions discussed in the blog to solve issue of RRV Bucket corrupt error in Lotus Notes database. As per the causes and consequences of RRV Bucket error, choose desired method and repair RRV Bucket Error in Lotus Notes Database.
Note: In order to secure data, make use of NSF to PST Converter to backup NSF file into PST, PDF, Office 365, Exchange, Gmail, G Suite and more.