Best Methods to Save Gmail Emails with Attachments to Desktop
Are you using Gmail account and now want to download its emails with attachments to desktop supported file types? Then follow the section below which will give you appropriate and direct solution to save Gmail emails with attachments to desktop.
Gmail is one of the most used and mandatory email server to exchange communication from one place to another. Gmail is considered as a crucial fallback option for numerous users when it comes to configuring multiple accounts on the internet. Here are some common methods discussed to save Gmail emails to hard drive.
Try All-in-One Email Backup solution and download 30+ web source emails and save them on desktop/PC hard drive or move them to popular cloud servers like Microsoft 365, IMAP Server, Exchange Server and more.
Common Methods to Save Gmail Emails with Attachments to Desktop
Method 1. Save Gmail emails using Google Takeout
Google Takeout is Google’s designed backup tool which enables to generate copy of entire Google account data with Gmail data.
Steps to save Gmail emails using with Google Takeout
- Navigate to MyAccount page and sign in with your credentials.
- Click Date & Personalization option appearing on left side.
- Scroll down to the section of Download, delete or make a plan and choose Download your data.
- List of Google products and services will be listed, you can select the desired one and click Next.
- Choose delivery method for backup, export type and the file size and type. Finally, click Create Archive.
Method 2. Forward to another Mail Service
The method will allow you to forward all the upcoming emails to the assigned account. Follow the steps to do the same:
- Go to Gmail and sign in with your credentials.
- Click gear icon showing next to email account and hit Settings.
- Next, choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP from top menu bar.
- Now, add a forwarding address and enter email address in which you want to forward Gmail emails. Click Next.
- Pop-up window will appear, click Proceed.
- Now, sign in to the email account in which you have forwarded Gmail emails and find the confirmation code.
- Specify confirmation code in Forwarding section shown next to Verify Input box and click Verify.
- Last, in Forwarding section, choose Forward a copy of incoming mail to and choose keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox from dropdown menu.
Method 3. Download and Archive
In this method, use any local email application like Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird etc. and once they are configured with Gmail account, then your entire emails will now be downloaded and archived to local machine for offline access. So, if you are not using account still you can access emails offline. For this, you can use MS Outlook that goes well with the process.
Follow the steps to access Gmail emails on local email application:
- Navigate to Gmail and sign in to your account.
- Click gear icon showing next to email count and hit Settings.
- Go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP section, enable IMAP.
- Now, go to Labels tab and select the option Show in IMAP displaying next to Inbox.
- Go to MS Outlook, click File and select Add Account shown under Account Information Section.
- Provide Gmail email ID and password for the account you are looking to add and press Connect button.
Method 4. Professional Reliable Backup Tools
Gmail Email Backup Software is a direct solution to save Gmail emails with attachments to desktop supported hard drive file types. The software is very simple and designed with friendly environment so that any organization and home users can use the app effectively to download Gmail emails on desktop. Gmail Backup Tool provides many features like direct backup, filters, process summary log report, selective file backup and more. Try free demo and implement the steps mentioned to check the process free of cost:
Step 1. Download and open Gmail Backup Software on Windows.
Step 2. Choose Gmail option and enter its login credentials and hit Login button.
Step 3. Software connect to provided email account and start listing its items in hierarchical structure.
Step 4. On the right pane of the screen, choose desired saving option such as PST, PDF, MSG, EML, MBOX, MHT and HTML.
Step 5. Choose saving path as per requirement and also apply filters in case you want specified file backup and click Backup to start the procedure.
Process will finish with a message “Process Completed Successfully”. Click OK button and the software will create summary report which will show all the backup details such as saving option, destination path, start time, end time etc.
The blog provided multiple ways for saving Gmail emails with attachments on desktop hard drive. A user can choose the suitable method and perform the desired process accordingly. Moreover, if you do not possesses technical skills, then you can easily utilize professional solution which will not only save your time but also focuses on data accuracy.