How to Fix Lotus Notes (HCL Notes) 6.5 or 8.5 HTML Email Issues?
If you are facing problems and troubles with IBM Notes for rendering style and the same other things properly? If yes, then you are in the right place. Because in this blog, we are going to explain everything about IBM Notes HTML email issues and how to resolve them with rendering issues.
HTML email error happens due to IBM Notes 6.5 and 8.5 being very buggy and non-standard when it comes to rendering HTML emails. IBM Notes may not always show HTML emails as you expected. In its place of it, Lotus Notes shows HTML emails in a rich-text format.
There is some more error regarding HTML email rendering that is mentioned here:
Colspan: It is the elements of the table cell or tell the emails client or the browse how many columns they reach over. However, HCL Notes is not capable to know this and users need to use various tables as a workaround.
Center Alignment: There is also an alignment issue in HCL Lotus Notes like <TABLE ALIGN =” CENTER”> work very well in Lotus Notes 6.6.3 but this same line does not work in Lotus Notes 6.5.4 and also <CENTER> tags around the table did not work in 6.5.4.
NSF to PST Converter is the most famous and expert tool for those who need to migrate IBM Notes emails to Outlook PST file format. This software converts the Lotus Notes database to Outlook PST file format including all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. along with attachments.
Reasons for HCL Notes HTML Email Issues
There are various reasons for the Lotus Notes HTML Issue some of them are explained below:
- HCL Notes does not understand the HTML properties properly.
- IBM Notes use its own standards in HTML rendering that is different from other popular email readers.
- All editions of IBM Notes have different rendering solutions and standards.
Helpful Tips to Fix Lotus Notes HTML Problems
In the next steps, we are going to mention some helpful tips to resolve the Lotus Notes HTML Email Issues:
- Take you to design simple so that if you fail, then your email is still readable.
- IBM Notes cannot show a border small than 5 pixels. Once you want to one-pixel border, then you have to save the line as an image and use it.
- Through tables and image size to manage spacing.
- Keep in mind that the spelling of the address is exact. Because maximum addresses are complex.
- Ignore Colspan in your HTML tables. The earlier editions of IBM Notes only deal with basic table layouts.
- Keep in mind that your td cells widths are exact.
- Every time use a container table that contains all the internal layout tables. Because the container maintains the emails in one chunk of HTML.
- Running an email layout did not work in IBM Notes. And, also keep in mind that email elements has to be left-aligned.
- Ignore using a style declaration in your email’s head tag.
The free manual approach is too long and needs technical skills to resolve the HCL Lotus Notes HTML email issues. So, be careful while using the manual process.
The Concluding Words
As we mentioned above blog post, HCL Lotus Notes is not good at HTML rendering. Therefore, many Lotus Notes users face HTML email issues during sending and receiving email messages. Moreover, if you are facing the same problem, then go through the blog it will surely help you in Lotus Notes HTML email issues.
Read More : Most Common HCL Notes Errors and Solutions