How to Access & Open NSF File without Lotus Notes Email Client?
Are you looking a method to access and view NSF file without Lotus Notes installation? Then not to worry, the write-up has discussed some solutions that can help in carrying out the process of how to access NSF file without Lotus Notes and how to open NSF file in Outlook.
Lotus Notes and Outlook are both popular and extensively used emailing programs used in number of large and small-scale organizations. Every organization uses email client as per suitability. Both application carries similar functionalities but differs in saving file types. Lotus Notes save its file database in NSF whereas Outlook uses PST file type for the same. Undoubtedly, Lotus Notes is a great email client but still lacking in some areas due to which its users are now switching to Microsoft Outlook. NSF to PST is not a complex process but it becomes tedious when done without proper planning. Thus, in order to access NSF file without Lotus Notes, one need suitable technology that can easily help to open NSF file in Outlook. However, in the further section, both manual and automated methods are discussed. Let us start with some reasons behind the conversion process.
Why to Access/Open NSF File without Lotus Notes?
There are number of reasons when a Lotus Notes user wants to access and open NSF file in Outlook. Some of them are:
- Outlook has user-friendly GUI that is accessible by both technical and non-technical users. Moreover, in Outlook, users can configure more than one account in single time. Therefore, users wants to access NSF file in Outlook.
- IBM Lotus Notes delivers high level of security to users but change in business needs and market trends, users has to switch from one email client into another that offers more flexibility and data management facility.
- Job switch is another possible reason for NSF file transfer from IBM Notes. For e.g. user move to new organization, that is using MS Outlook as a desktop email application.
- Maintenance of Lotus Notes email client is costly as compared to Outlook email client.
How to Access NSF File without Lotus Notes?
There are multiple methods available to access NSF file without Lotus Notes. One is manual method and another one is third party NSF Converter application. Let us first start with direct conversion utility and then we will discuss manual method to understand the process of how to open NSF file in Outlook.
Direct Solution to Open NSF File without Lotus Notes
A user can use manual process to access, open and view NSF file without Lotus Notes installation. Undoubtedly, manual process is implementable but associated with some drawbacks such as lengthy steps, time-consuming, unable to perform bulk migration, no guarantee of data accuracy and much more.
Thus, whenever a user thinks to perform a migration of confidential files, then it is recommended to always use a secure, reliable and error-free solution. NSF File Converter is a best utility to access unlimited NSF files in Outlook PST or any other file type such as PDF, MSG, EML, MBOX, HTML and more. In addition, the software also allows to access NSF file in cloud accounts such as Office 365, Exchange Server, Gmail, G Suite and more. Follow the steps and check how to open NSF file without Lotus Notes:
Step 1. Launch and open the tool on any Windows OS.
Step 2. Click Select File(s) option and a window will appear.
Step 3. Add NSF files/folders using Select Files and Select Folders button.
Step 4. Software will start scanning process and display the entire NSF items on the left pane. Click on required folder whose file data you want to view in Preview window.
Step 5. Again, hit Export and choose PST from the saving options appearing.
Step 6. Click on Browse and set location to save resultant file. Now, press Next.
Step 7. Apply sub-options to save PST file as per need i.e. Split PST, Filters, Email Address Translation and more.
Step 8. Finally, click Export to start the process. Tool will open another window showing Progress Report.
Step 9. After process finished, software shows an alert message on the screen “Conversion Done Successfully”. Click OK to exit.
Note: In order to access NSF file without Lotus Notes using the application, first make sure that IBM Notes is installed on the system, after software finishes its task, then you can uninstall it.
Manual Method to Access NSF File without Lotus Notes
The process categorized into two steps:
- Export NSF from IBM Notes into CSV
- Importing CSV to Outlook
Steps to Export NSF from IBM Notes into CSV
- Open Lotus Notes email client on the system
- Move cursor to File, click open and select Lotus Notes Application
- Browse desired NSF file from Open Lotus Notes Application window and hit Open to open chosen NSF file.
- Again, go to File and select Export.
- After Export dialogue box appears, provide name to file, saving location and file type.
- Now, choose Comma Separated Value option. The window of CSV Export will display.
- Select desired options to apply and hit OK.
- At last, data successfully saved in CSV format.
Steps for Importing CSV into Outlook
- First, open MS Outlook email program on the system.
- Click File, select option of Open & Export and choose Import/Export option.
- After Import/Export wizard displays, select Import from another program or file and hit Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Value and click Next.
- Click Browse to load earlier created CSV file and apply other options as per need.
- Now, select desired Outlook folder to save exported NSF file data and click Next.
- At last, press Finish and wait until the process completes.
The blog has discussed multiple solutions with the help of which, a user can access NSF file without Lotus Notes and open NSF file in Outlook. Manual method is free and executable but requires lot of efforts and involves the risk of data loss. Third party application is cost-effective, easy to access and perform the entire task securely. However, to check the process of the software, download the freeware edition that allows to access first 20 files from each NSF items into other file type free of cost. In addition, one can also check process for free for accessing NSF file in Office 365, Exchange, Gmail, G Suite and more.