Google Free Storage Policies Changes – Complete Guide
Posted 11, Dec 2020 | By Editorial Team
Recently, we all have received emails in our Google account inbox regarding the changes of policies of free storage of Google account of Google Drive. So in this blog, we will discuss some important changes which may impact our current Google Drive preferences.
All these changes will be implemented from June 1, 2021, and all these changes are regarding to your storage quota.
- Backup of High quality and Express quality images and videos in Google Photos after June 1, 2021.
- Only those photos and videos are counted in this new quota of storage that will be uploaded on or after 1st June, 2021.
- Those photos and videos which were uploaded before 1st June, 2021 will not be added to the new quota.
Google Docs, Jamboard, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and Drawings
- Those files which are created on or after 1st June, 2021 will be added to new quota. Same with modified data.
- Created and modified files before 1st June, 2021 will not count in your new quota.
Impacts on Inactive Google Accounts
- If you have a Google account and do not use that account (Google Docs, Sheets, Drawings, Forms, Jamboard, etc.) for 2 years, then you may have lost your Google Drive data after the prior notice email.
- If you are a Google One member and you do not have any outstanding amount, then you do not take any action as your data will not be removed in any case.
Google Drive Move Files from One Account to Another
A Complete Easy and Simple Guide to Use Google Drive/G Drive
Changes in Over Storage Quota Policy
- Any data cannot be added to the Google Drive including files and images.
- Photos and videos cannot be uploaded on Google Photos.
- Before 1st June, 2021, you can back up your data, all high quality photos and videos.
- It is also mentioned that after this update in Google storing services, you may also face some limitations in sending and receiving emails from your Gmail account.
- You will not create any new file in collaborative content-creation which includes Google Sheets, Slides, Docs, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard. To perform this action, you need to remove some files or data to space up the storage of Google.
- If your data remains over storage quota for 2 or more than 2 years, your data will be removed from your Gmail account, Google Drive, and Google Photos.
These are some basic and important policy changes in Google storage. There is no change in the current services of Google for storing data, all these changes will happen only on or after 1st June, 2021.
Due to these changes, some users want to back up their Google Drive data into other cloud storage like OneDrive and Dropbox. So, if you are the one who wants to secure their Google database, then you need to utilize the Cloud Drive Migration software which can easily migrate your Google Drive data into Dropbox as well as OneDrive account or accounts without any downloading and uploading procedure.