A Complete Easy and Simple Guide to Use Google Drive/G Drive
With 15 GB of free cloud storage space, Google Drive has been redefining personal cloud storage to a whole new level. Whether it is storing messages, photographs, media or archives; Google Drive puts a conclusion to all the storage management bad dreams.
Utilizing G-drive to its completest possible can arrive you in an alternate area of straightforwardness and comfort. Planned for making it a most far reaching manual for use Google Drive, this article will further help you comprehend the lesser known highlights of Google Drive that assurance your authority of G-Drive management.
There are a few reasons why users should take cloud storage like Google Drive over traditional storage devices –
Totally disregard Hardware disappointment: Different flash storage or traditional hard drives, storage on cloud does not involve the chance of hardware failure. You can always access and open your data online.
Collaborate and share more: G-Drive does not want you to physically carry a disk to share data to another user. Just share the location and everyone from anyplace can access and open your information saved on Google Drive.
Virus-free Storage: With you information stored on cloud, you never again need to worry about yourselves with virus or malware affecting your data. Google is responsible for security and safety of information on the drive. When stored never re-think about data security.
More cost-effective: Executing cloud storage for abilities more than 20 TB is more reasonably priced than purchasing hard drives which bring the risk of hardware failure any minute.
To completely activity and optimize the usage to its maximum, it is important to first understand the benefits and advantages of Google Drive.
Based on the functionality, following activities can be performed utilizing Google drive:
Completely your work documents and personal important data in the form of any file format can be stored on the G-Drive. When the file items is uploaded and stored, all you data on the drive can be opened anytime, anywhere as long as you have connectivity to the internet.
There are two technique in that you can upload and save data on your Google Drive:
- By Web
- Using Drive file stream on your desktop
This method to use Google Drive has been collected with many functions using either one of the above depending upon user’s approachability.
How to Upload Data on Google Drive Using Web
- Login your Google account and search Google apps on the left side of your profile picture
- Press the “+ New” icon on the left side of the screen
- Then select File Upload or Folder Upload that will help you browse the file or folder you need to upload
- Select the correct folder or file and hit on open
- You can also drag and drop the files you need to upload
Note: When you upload an edited version of a document that already exists on the drive, the newest file is stored as a version. Handling version on G-Drive is now simple as it cloud ever be.
How to Upload Files on Google Drive by Drive File Stream on your desktop
Drive file stream application once installed on your desktop will allow you to utilize Google Drive as a local drive on your PC. As the name suggests every one of the information that you save on the drive can be streamed once the necessity occurs.
- Once you upload data on your PC, you first have to set up Drive File stream on your machine.
- After completely following to the directions you will notice the Drive File Stream either on the upper right (MAC) or bottom right (windows) of the screen
- You will search Google Drive folder that is prepared to have files transferred after clicking on the Drive files stream symbol
- You can later proficiently sort and arrange your Google drive
How to Access/Open Saved Data on Google Drive?
G-Drive allows you to work with multiple devices on a specific data or file and store the progress in a one storage location. Therefore, learning how to open files and data from different devices and contemplating where all your progress is stored come to be actually important.
Access Data Online:
There are three solutions in that you can access your data files online:
- Web browser: Through going to the URL drive.google.com on any newest web browser.
- Desktop application: Via installing drive file stream on the system.
- Cell phone or device:Through installing the Google Drive app on your computers and tablets.
Offline open to data on your drive –
Regardless of how digitized the world may get, in some cases taking a few to get back some composure of a WiFi connotation may be the hardest thing. Remembering this, you will require an approach to get to your drive when disconnected net and that is actually what you will realize in the following segment.
Google Chrome Browser –
- When you open Google drive by using chrome find the settings symbol and press the settings.
- From the default general screen check the box that says edit offline and you will be able re-manage, edit and view files when offline.
Through drive file stream app on your computer –
Using drive file stream on your PC, you can access and open offline to Office documents and PDF’s.
- Go to Drive File Stream on your PC
- Now, choose Google Drive and right click on the folder or file you need to open offline.
- After that, hit on Drive File Stream and select Available offline.
Have your Data Updated to Latest Version
From web –
By improvement in your work, database or files that are not made in Google Sheets, Slides or Docs need continuous updating. To transfer the newest version of a certain updated document follow these steps:
- Choose the data which you want to update and right-click on it
- Select Manage versions
- Now choose Upload new version and take the file you want to update as newest version.
From your computer –
When you have drive file stream installed on your desktop, this becomes very easy and simple. Just browse for the file or folder that you need to upload after opening drive file stream and apply your changes to it. The information is automatically updated.