What are Journals in Microsoft Outlook Email Application?
Journals are a very important part of Microsoft Outlook. By using this function, you can simply track your work time and handle your schedule carefully. It helps you to make a short note in Outlook for various categories like sports, movies, shopping, etc. When you create journal entries for the first time in MS Outlook then journals will turn on the recording of specifically selected contacts automatically.
How Can I Change Journal Entries Settings?
Steps by steps follow the process for changing the Journal setting that creates an automatic recording of items.
- Run MS Outlook and take the Journal folder.
- After that, go to the Tools option and select Options.
- Now open an Options box on your screen, click on the Preference Tab
- Then, press the journal button and check the required options.
- Tap to Ok button
- Select the Auto Archived Journal Entries.
- In the Journal properties screen choose the Auto Archive tab.
- Press the Default Archive Setting and change the destination path by clicking Browse option. Then hit the Ok button.
- Now, close the Journal option and click on the Ok button.
- From the Options dialog box, click on Ok button again.
Manually Create Microsoft Outlook Journal Entry
Want to know how to create a journal manually in MS Outlook then follow the mentioned below steps:
- Run MS Outlook
- Choose Journals folders and then press the New option from the menu bar.
Now fill up all the fields of the open dialog box and click on Save and Close button.
Link a Journal Entry with a Contact Person
Guides to connect or generate new journal entries with a contact person manually in Microsoft Outlook.
- Open present journal entries or make a new one and press the Address book.
- Finally. Choose Contacts then press the Apply and OK button.
Change Default Journal Entries in Microsoft Outlook
In Microsoft Outlook, when you make a new journal entry manually then, by default, the phone call entry gets selected. So, if you want to adjust this entry then apply the below option simply.
- First of all, go to start button >> Run >> regedit
- HKEY_CURRENT-USER\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Outlook\Journaling.
- Choose a Phone Call entry.
- Then choose DescriptionID and delete it.
- Add a new string value by Edit >> New >> String Value.
- Enter a new name in value Description ID as (Description).
- At the end, press the Ok button to close Registry Editor.
The Final Words
In this blog, we have explained the solution on how to change the setting of Journals in MS Outlook. Moreover, we have also mentioned how to create the entries in Journal manually.
Use this third-party tool – PST Converter for Windows & Mac OS