How to Backup, Export and Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive- Get the Three Best Techniques
In this article, we learn about how to backup/export and save Outlook emails to Hard Drive? In this technology concerned planet, there are numerous emails services used by various users for a specific reason. It will permits the users to export/backup, save Outlook mails to Hard Drive. If you are worried about how to export Microsoft Outlook emails to hard Drive directly, then read this blog post and easily solve your queries. Before discussion the working process to backup and save Outlook mails to hard drive, first get other important information and found some users common queries: –
“My machine is having some problems with regards to Outlook for the last some days. However most of the applications are running fine, Outlook and two other programs are not working. The technician advised that it can be due to some virus attack and asked to save the Outlook emails for safety. Is there any easy technique to save Outlook mail to hard drive? If yes, then please let me know.”
“Due to some hard disk problem, I need to change my hard disk and move all my data to a new hard drive. Since I am an Outlook operator, all my Outlook data information is put away in the HDD. I am searching for a solution to how to backup/export Outlook emails to hard drive? If anyone can suggest me of any methods, kindly share with me. Thanks in advance.”
Why Users Want to Backup Outlook Mails to Hard Drive?
Here are some of the key reasons why users want to export Outlook emails to hard drive.
Data Backup: The significance of the data file backup is beyond description. In order to save important data from any kind of data loss, data deletion, or data theft, users often want to back up their Outlook emails by saving in the hard drive.
Data Sharing: Users who have the need of sharing bulk Outlook emails may just need to save in the HDD and then move to the beneficiary. For saving Outlook emails to hard drive with attachments is a good option.
Data Move: Users who are switching to a new machine need to move their data from the old PC to the new one. These users have to save the emails from Outlook to hard drive for data conversion.
Are you looking for a solution to save, export and back up Outlook .pst or .ost emails to a local hard drive or external storage devices? This blog will provide you with three methods to save, export and back up Outlook emails for free.
Solution#1. Backup Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
There are many methods available to backup Outlook emails data to Hard Drive. Anyone can directly open the Outlook Data File from default profile location. In situation if you are non-technical user and want to export Outlook emails as PST file as a backup option then just follow these simple steps:
- Open MS Outlook Application
- Go to File Menu>>select Open & Export option and then Import/Export
- In Import & Export Wizard select Export to a File option and click on Next button
- In Export to a File option, select Outlook Data File (.pst) to make a file type.
- Then, select the Folder which you need to Export. Check Include Sub-Folders option also.
- After that, click on Browse option to export/backup Outlook data to a new Outlook PST file.
As we can understand that any type of user can directly export Outlook emails and other items as PST file. However, in situation if a user does not have Outlook installation then it becomes very tough for the users to do so. Also, by the manual technique user can only backup Outlook emails in PST and CSV files.
For that reason to overcome all these drawbacks a third-party Outlook backup Software proves to be very beneficial for the users. Outlook Converter is one such application which allows to backup Outlook emails, contacts, calendars directly from setup profile location to Multiple File formats supporting both OST & PST files.
Solution#2. Save Outlook Mails to Hard Drive
If you need to find the destination location path of Outlook emails on your computer and manually copy to Outlook .pst or .ost files to other hard drive, follow the given steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and Sign In>> Click “File” menu and choose “Account Settings”.
- Click on “Data Files” and check out the exact location of Outlook .pst and .ost files on your system.
- If you want to access and open the PST or OST file in Windows Explorer, then, click “Open File Location”.
Now, if you want to copy Outlook .pst/.ost to internal or external hard drive, you need to follow exact direction to find saved files on your computer:-
- Press “Win + R” to open Run dialog and Enter: %APPDATA% > Click “OK“.
- Browse to the exact location where Outlook saves your .pst or .ost files:
- drive:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- drive:\Users\ \Roaming\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- drive:\Users\ \Documents\Outlook Files
- drive:\Users\ \My Documents\Outlook Files
- drive:\Documents and Settings\ \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
- Now, you can copy .pst/.ost files and save to your local drive or external hard drive as a backup.
Solution#3. Export Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
In this other solution to export Outlook emails from Outlook Email App, which will permits you to save the PST files as a backup to a local drive:-
- Open MS Outlook and Sing In>> Click File option>> Open & Export and then click on “Import/Export”.
- Then, choose “Export to a File” in the Import and Export Wizard and then click Next
- Now, click on Outlook Data File (.pst) and then click “Next”>> Select Inbox as the folder to export and choose the appropriate folder. Click “Next”
- If you want to backup Outlook to an external hard drive, then connect the external hard drive to your PC. Click “Cancel” if a dialog box open on-screen.
- After that, click on the Browse option and choose the external drive from the list of storage devices and then create a name for your backup file. Click “OK”.
- Finally, Click “Finish” button
- If you want secure the messages, type a password when promoted and then click ”OK”. Otherwise, click “Cancel”.
Data backup/export and data save both have become important in our present life. Sometimes, users need to save Outlook emails to hard drive while moving their company or for backup purpose. In that situation, if they do not know the method, the situation becomes quite critical for them. To save these Outlook users, the post shared three simple methods to backup emails from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 to hard drive. Users can easily export Outlook email data, using any of these techniques