A Complete Solution to Open OST File in Outlook as PST File without Outlook
If you are searching for a solution to open OST file in Outlook as PST file? Today, I am going to explain to you the easy method to move OST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, etc. There are lots of users who are looking for effective solutions to minimize the size of the Outlook mailbox. But they failed because there is no manual or free way to convert OST mailboxes to Outlook. In the upcoming section, I will explain the best alternative solution for you. Hence, go through the entire article to get the best solution to open OST file in Outlook as PST file.
Possible Reasons for Migration of OST Files to PST Format
In this section, we will explain some common reasons why the users look for ways on how to open OST file in Outlook as PST file:
- Once the mailboxes items get deleted from the Server.
- The Exchange Server user is searching to rebuild the OST folder but there are some unsaved items present in the .ost file.
- Due to server error, the OST files become inaccessible.
- If they need a backup for their mailbox items.
Approaches to Convert OST Data Files to PST Format
Here in this section, you will find the best three methods to open OST file in Outlook as PST file format. It is suggested to use a third-party solution for safe and error-free conversion.
- Export OST File to PST Using Archiving Method
- Convert OST Data to PST Format by Exchange for Free.
- 100% Secure Tool to Migrate OST Mailboxes to PST Format
Method 1. Through Archiving Method:
If you enable Archiving then Outlook mailboxes of an OST file get saved in new PST files. It also helps you to keep the size of your mailbox.
To do this, follow the given steps:
- Open the Outlook email application on your machine and choose File
- After choosing the File click on Options.
- Then, go to advance and then choose Auto-Archive settings.
- Choose days for running auto-archiving
- Now select the folder to save
- Pick the Archiving option and then hit on the OK button.
After completing these steps, the database of your OST file now be stored in the PST format. One can view your data items which are converted OST files to PST.
Method 2. Using Exchange Account
In order to open OST file in Outlook as PST file format firstly login to Outlook using the Exchange account that you need to use to create an OST file.
Follow these steps:
- Open the Files and Click on Open & Export
- Click the Import and Export option
- Pick the Export file and then press the Next button
- Pick the option i.e. Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit on Next option.
- After that select the folder that you need to export and tap the Next button.
- Now, select the location you want to save the file.
- Your file has been moved into Offline .ost file to PST format.
It is required to understand very clearly that once Exchange Server is down temporarily or permanently, OST files desire to be converted to PST files. The manual migration of OST files to PST has many drawbacks and disadvantages.
Important Note: Only experienced and technical experts willing to do a free manual conversion of OST data file to PST. If you need to open OST file in Outlook as PST file and you are not a technical expert then do not go with the manual methods try to use software for a better and time savior option.
Method 3. Expert Solution – Convert OST to PST File Format with Automated Software
To move your data file, try to use reliable and trustworthy software. For my past experience, I would like to advise you to use CubexSoft OST to PST Converter Software to better migration of OST files to PST file format. With this application, one can easily convert bulk emails in very little time. The application is designed with numerous advanced features.
The Final Words
In this post, we have explained three solutions on how to open OST file in Outlook as PST file format by using manual methods and an automated solution. Opt for a technique that matches your requirements to perform the migration process.