Move Google Docs from One Account to Another Account – Resolved!
Are you looking for a solution to move Google Docs from one account to another account? Want you a reliable way to transfer Google Docs from one account to another? If yes, then don’t worry, complete this tasks using the most recommended Cloud Drive Migration Tool. Before going to the working process, we would like to mention some user’s queries.
“I am a Google Drive user for last few year. All my data are stored in G Drive. My Google Drive plan will end soon. My friend recently purchase a G Drive plan of 1 TB. I want to transfer my G Drive files to her Google Drive account. None of us knows how to do it. Kindly refer me any reliable method to copy G Drive files.
“Hello guys, please recommend me a reliable solution to move Google Docs from one account to another Google drive account. I have used so many tools on the internet but not sure about which one is best. Thanks in advance!”
The users can get the answer to this queries in the above-mentioned section. In this blog, we are going to discuss two different techniques in a hassle-free way.
Approaches to Transfer Google Docs from One Drive Account to Another
Once the user can move and access Google docs from one account to another by following the methods explained below.
Solutions#1. Manual Steps to Transfer Files Between Google Drive Accounts
Do you want to move files from one account to another without downloading and re-uploading them, here’s what you have to do –
- Open your primary Google Drive account.
- Navigate the files/folders which you want to move to your secondary Google Drive account.
- Now, right-click on the file or folder and pick Share option. Or press the Share icon
- Enter your secondary Google username. Hit the Advanced option. Under the Sharing settings, change the permission to Is Owner. Press the blue Send button.
- After this, Log into your secondary Google Drive account. Press the Shared with me filter on the left sidebar to directly navigate the shared folder.
- Google Drive won’t permit you create a copy of the folder, but you can create a copy of the files inside it and then transfer them into a new folder or sub-folder to replicate the hierarchy of the original.
- Now, right-click on every file (or select them all) and click on Make a copy. Rename the files properly and move them into a new folder.
- Go again to the primary account and erase the original folder from your drive and also from its bin.
Cons of Manual Solution
If you are understand the whole manual method, you will find it extremely lengthy, time-consuming and confusing process. If you don’t have proper technical knowledge, then you won’t able to perform it without any technical assistance. And, the whole procedure may include data loss. So, always take backup of Google docs before you continue the migration process. Another drawbacks related with the manual process is that it cannot export or convert corrupt Google files. Thus, manual solution is not very much suggested by professionals.
Solutions#2. Automated Technique to Move Google Docs from One Account to Another
The user can choose for a reliable and instant way that is Cloud Drive Migrator to transfer Google docs from one account to another account. With this software, the user can easily migrate files from one Google Drive account to another Google Drive account. The tool is having a user-friendly interface which makes easy for the user to perform the migration process. The software provides various features such as to maintain on-drive folder hierarchy, batch migration, incremental migration etc. Moreover, it is suitable with all the versions of Windows operating system.
Benefits of Using Migration Tool
- Safe Move from One Google Drive to Another: This software can export all types of Google Drive data items without any possibility of data loss. The data include documents, picture, audio files, video files, PDFs, etc. A complete data get copied to destination drive with migration date. It saves time by exporting files that were not moved before. With this utility, you can move complete Google Drive data only during first time migration.
- Date-Filter and File Types Filter Option: This application includes option of selective file migration. Users can offers a date range for file transfer. This application will transfer files made or uploaded within that range to another Google Drive. This program supports two types of filtration, which are – date filter and file type filter.
- File Structure Maintains: During the migration process, the application keeps all the folder and data items in same manner without losing any data.
- Option to Save Complete Migration Report: The application creates an export report in CSV file format with complete information. You can know total number of files, number of successful export, number of failed export, etc. from this report. This report can be helped for future reference.
The Last Words!
Many people are facing an issue where they want to move Google Docs from one account to another. In this blog, we have explained the step by step process to transfer Google docs from one account to another account. Users should choose for the tool mentioned above blog section i.e. third-party tool. Use this migration tool to safely move google drive folder to another account.