How to Migrate OST File into Thunderbird? – Most Popular Ways!
This blog will assist you in determining the safest and most effective methods for importing OST files into Thunderbird. There are multiple methods for OST file to Thunderbird conversion. Both the manual approach and the automated option, which includes the greatest OST Converter, are available to you. Read this article to learn how migrate OST file into Thunderbird and select the method that works best for you.
Introduction to OST (Offline Storage Table) & Thunderbird
An offline Outlook data file known as an OST file holds a duplicate of the emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, and other items in your Outlook inbox. Because it is associated with the Outlook profile in which it was generated, this file is not functional outside of Outlook. Therefore, while Thunderbird supports the MBOX file type, you cannot import your OST file directly into this free, open-source program. We’ll go over several approaches to importing OST files into Thunderbird below.
How to Import an OST Files into Thunderbird Manually?
You must first convert OST files into PST files before importing them into the MBOX file format. Next, you must convert PST files into MBOX files in order to open them in Thunderbird. Let’s get started; this is a patient and time-consuming process.
Importing OST to Thunderbird involves two main steps.
- Convert OST files to PST files
- Add the exported PST file to the MBOX.
(Note: There is no direct way to import an OST file into Thunderbird manually.)
#1. Steps to Convert OST Files to PST
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your PC.
- Select Import/Export under File >> Open & Export.
- Click the Next button after choosing the Export to a File option.
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) and press the Next button.
- Select the folder or folders from the mailbox that you wish to export, then press the Next button.
- Lastly, select a location for your PST folder in Browse, then click Finish to begin the saving process.
#2. Procedure for Adding a PST File to Thunderbird
First, click the Default Programs >> to confirm that Outlook is your default program for sending and receiving emails. After selecting your default apps, select Outlook.
- Launch Thunderbird now, and select the Thunderbird Menu item.
- Click the Tools menu, then choose Import.
- Click the Mail option here, then press the Next button.
- Click Next after choosing Outlook as your saving folder.
- Lastly, press the Finish button to put an end to the import.
It is possible to successfully import an OST file into Thunderbird by following the above instructions. Nevertheless, this method has numerous drawbacks and is very drawn out and time-consuming. Given that, a few of its drawbacks are listed below.
The Manual Method’s Drawbacks
- Users are unable to directly convert OST to MBOX due to the numerous steps involved in the process.
- The manual method is not appropriate for non-technical people because it requires technical expertise from users to execute.
- This method has a high risk of data loss from errors such as lost connections, internal malware, and viruses.
We advise using a professional method to open OST files in Thunderbird in order to avoid these issues. Professionals highly recommend this 100% reliable method. Thus, keep learning more about the automated method that allows you to import all of your OST files into Thunderbird at once.
An Automated Software to Directly Import OST Files into Thunderbird with Attachments
The best tool for importing OST files into Thunderbird is the CubexSoft OST File Converter. The efficacy and efficiency of this software are greatly enhanced for its users. Users can use it to convert OST files into a variety of file formats, including PDF, MSG, EML, PST, MBOX, CSV, ICS, Thunderbird, Maildir, Office 365 365, Gmail, Outlook Web (OWA), OperaMail, Microsoft Exchange Server, and other cloud-based email clients can all import OST files. It works with all Windows OS versions and Mac OS. Let’s now examine the easy steps involved in importing an OST file into Thunderbird.
How to Migrate OST File into Thunderbird – Step-by-Step Process
Make sure Mozilla Thunderbird is set up correctly on the system before beginning the process.
- Download, open, and use the Windows computer’s OST to Thunderbird application.
- Three options will appear when you click the Select File/Folder button: Add File, Add Folder, and Load Outlook Profile. Select the necessary button to load the appropriate OST file or folder.
- After reading the OST file, the tool will list every folder item in the file with checkboxes on the left software window. The checkbox can be selected or deselected, and the OST file can be converted to a Thunderbird selective folder.
- Click the Saving Options button, then select Export to Thunderbird from the list of output options.
- You’ll see the appearance of another software window. If you want to avoid importing the OST system folder into Thunderbird, you can choose to Ignore System Folder. The destination path will display Thunderbird’s default location, which is where the generated data will be kept. To generate a log report of messages that the tool does not convert, select Create a log for messages not created.
- Click Convert to begin the process after you’ve made all the selections. “Conversion Done Successfully” will show up on the screen once the entire process is finished.
Robust & Sophisticated Features of the Software
- Support Batch Migration Option – One can import multiple OST files into Thunderbird at once by using the smart Tool. Multiple OST files can be moved into a single folder and loaded into Mozilla Thunderbird for conversion. The originality of the data will not be harmed during the process.
- Offers Attachments Feature – The application’s design ensures that users don’t have to worry about the files they’ve attached. The tool will automatically choose the attachments and move them along with the mail files with precise formatting and metadata properties when you select the OST emails for conversion.
- Complete Migration – The OST File to Thunderbird tool is a highly recommended application for experts as it handles the email formatting properties and folder structure during batch conversion. The email header, links, pictures, and font will all continue to be in their original format.
- Multiple Options to Load OST File – The program offers the “Select File/Folder” button. Add Files, Add Folder, and Load Outlook Profile are the three options available. The Load Outlook Profile option will connect to Outlook directly and load all of its folders with checkboxes on the left software window. The Add Files option allows loading desired OST files. The Add Folder option allows adding the entire Outlook Offline data file folder.
- Required Thunderbird for Migration – Thunderbird installation and configuration are required before OST data can be moved to Thunderbird. If not, you will receive a pop-up asking you to install Thunderbird on the computer. It makes it possible to extract Thunderbird’s default location and makes OST file migration easier.
This post provides users with instructions on how to migrate OST file into Thunderbird both manually and automatically. But, as we’ve already covered, there are drawbacks to the manual process, which is why we highly advise using an automated tool for a successful OST file to Thunderbird migration. To give you more control over the process, this tool also offers a number of sophisticated filters for selective data migration.