Lotus Notes to Outlook – Compact Solution to Convert Notes Database to Outlook .PST Profile
If the organization is thinking of switching from Lotus Notes client to Outlook, then it is very essential to export Lotus Notes to Outlook to access Lotus Notes stored data in MS Outlook such as emails, contacts, calendar and more. Both email applications are used by business users and they both possesses different file types for data storage. Lotus Notes make use of NSF format to store the entire database of emails, contacts, calendar, notes etc. and on the other side; Outlook supports PST for the same. There is no direct procedure exists for exporting Lotus Notes to Outlook, a user need to either perform the process manually or utilizing third party Lotus Notes to Outlook Application. Let us start further by executing the steps of both the process.
Methods to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
Multiple steps are present to migrate Lotus Notes mail to Outlook with attachments including contacts, calendar, notes and more. The process to migrate Lotus Notes mail to Outlook can be implemented using:
- Third Party Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter
- Manual Method
Method 1. Third Party – Professional Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter
Lotus Notes to Outlook Tool is a best approach to export Lotus Notes database into Microsoft Outlook. At times, many situations occur when users start searching the best and reliable solution to export Lotus Notes to Outlook.
First download and install free demo version of Lotus Notes to Outlook Tool to migrate Lotus Notes mail to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007. A Lotus Notes to Outlook Tool is a perfect utility to resolve the user problem of how to Lotus Notes export email with attachments in an accurate way. With the help of the application, a user can convert emails, contacts, calendar, tasks and other data items into MS Outlook.
Steps to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
Note: Make sure that Lotus Notes is properly installed and configured on your system for error-free process.
Step 1. Download, install and open Lotus Notes to Outlook Tool on any version of Windows OS system.
Step 2. Go to Add File(s) button of the software.
Step 3. Software will open Source File Selection window displaying multiple options to add NSF file. Choose either Select File option or Select Folder option for the same. You can also use Browse or Add Files button to load NSF file. Once done, click Next to continue.
Step 4. The tool will scan NSF file/folder and list all the associated data items on the left software pane.
Step 5. Now click on the required data folder whose content you want to view in Preview window.
Note: You can use Preview pane to check Email Preview. In addition, you can take benefit of Save Attachments button to save Lotus Notes emails attached files separately on the desired location of local system.
Step 6. Navigate to Export button of Lotus Notes to Outlook Tool
Step 7. The software will open Export options window showing multiple file saving options. Choose PST (Export as Microsoft Outlook PST file) from the list. Simultaneously, click on Browse button to set the location path where one need to save the resultant file. Once done, click Next.
Step 8. Export as PST window will appear; you can set or apply the options as per need in which you want resultant PST file.
Step 9. Finally, press Export button to initiate the process. The software will display Progress Report window showing the export details like File Name, Size, Item Count, Duration and Status.
Step 10. Now the process will then completed by showing an alert message “Process Completed Successfully”.
Benefits of Lotus Notes to Outlook Tool
- Provide trustworthy and secure working procedure to export Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- Lotus Notes export email with attachments without any data loss.
- Gives instant and short steps to quickly move Lotus Notes data to Outlook PST format.
- Non-technical solution which can be used by any users for conversion.
- Comes with simple graphical interface and successfully transfer all data items of Lotus Notes such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, etc. to Outlook.
- Offers Select File or Select Folder option to directly add the NSF files for conversion process.
- Gives preview NSF items in Preview window before conversion.
- Simply perform selective data conversion and batch mode conversion.
- Shows live conversion process with accurate details and also displays conversion message after completion of process.
- Accessible on all Windows Operating System such as 7, 8, 8.1, 10, XP, Vista etc.
- Export Lotus Notes to Outlook free using free trial version of software. It can export first 20 Lotus Notes files to Outlook at free of cost.
- All Lotus Notes editions are supportable 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5 & 6.0.
- Apply Date Filter options available for getting selective data according to date selected.
- Opt split options for splitting large size of PST files by selecting range.
- Operate this tool on any MS Outlook editions 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003.
Method 2. Manual Method to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
The process to migrate Lotus Notes emails, contacts and calendar to Outlook manually can be implemented by executing the steps mentioned before:
Step 1. IBM Lotus Notes Emails into Outlook
Step 2. Transfer Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
Step 3. Move Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook
Step 1. Steps to Convert IBM Lotus Notes Emails into Outlook
The process is categorised into two steps:
IBM Lotus Notes Email Export to CSV
Follow the steps and check how to transfer IBM Lotus Notes emails into CSV:
- Run Lotus Notes email client on local system and open desired NSF file.
- Move cursor to File tab and click Export option from the displayed list.
- Export Wizard window will appear; browse the location to save NSF file as CSV. Click Save As type button and choose CSV option.
- Provide required file name to save resultant file and hit Export.
The process has created CSV file of required NSF file. Now, import the same to Outlook email client. To perform the process, follow the next section.
CSV Import to MS Outlook
- Run MS Outlook email client on local machine.
- Click on File, select option of Open & Export and choose Import/Export.
- Import & Export pane will display from which you need to select Import from another program or file option. Now hit Next.
- From the list of options, choose Comma Separated Value (CSV) option and click Next.
- Go to Browse button to add CSV file that was created earlier.
- After file is added, enable option replace duplicates with items imported and tap on Next.
- The process will take couple of minutes. Once it is finished, click on Finish to complete the export of Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Step 2. Steps to Transfer Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
Follow the steps to transfer Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook:
- Run MS Outlook email program.
- Navigate to File option and select Export Contact.
- Provide name to that file and save the same in CSV format.
- Pick desired listed option and choose Contacts you want to convert.
- Click Export to create CSV file of Lotus Notes contacts.
Note: Now, you can open a file and clean all blank columns. Once cleaning is finished, continue with the steps discussed below to transfer all Lotus Notes contact list to Outlook.
- Open MS Outlook, navigate to File and select Open & Export.
- Choose the option of Import from another program or file and press Next.
- Select Comma Separated Value (CSV) on the system and hit Next.
- Click Browse button and go to specific path where CSV file is loaded.
- Go towards mailbox and view all contacts and hit Next.
- Click on Finish to complete the whole procedure of transferring Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook.
Step 3. Steps to Move Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook
Follow the steps to move Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook:
- Run Lotus Notes email client on local system.
- Select Calendar tab.
- Click View and select calendar entries from list displaying.
- Select all required entries that you want to transfer.
- Go to File menu and click Export.
- Now, navigate to location where resultant file are saved. Hit Save As type and select ICS format.
- Provide calendar file name and include .ics format after specifying the desired name.
- Finally, click Export to move Lotus Notes calendar into Outlook.
Now, .ics file is created from Lotus Notes email application. Now, move ICS file into MS Outlook. Follow the steps to perform the same:
- Open MS Outlook app and move to File tab.
- Select Open & Export and click Import/Export option.
- Choose iCalendar (ics) option from list appearing and hit Next.
- Import Wizard will open, now add particular file on the same and press Open.
- Choose the desired option and move Lotus Notes emails, contacts and calendar to Outlook application.
Overall, I would like to say Lotus Notes NSF Converter software is the one of the most trustable solution to export Lotus Notes emails to Outlook PST format with advance facilities like batch facility, preview facility etc. Grab the demo version of this application for converting first 10 Lotus Notes emails to Outlook without cost. Besides Outlook, you can also check the process of Lotus Notes to Office 365, Exchange Server, Gmail, G Suite and more.