How to Fix Outlook Data File Corruption 0x8004010F – Resolved
There is no mail app that is free from bugs & errors. It can be rather frustrating to handle some of them without exact guidance. MS Outlook 0x8004010f error is one such error which is quite common within the mailing service. In this blog, we will assist you to know about how to fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed or Outlook 2016 error Outlook data file cannot be accessed simply.
Genuinely, this error rises because of the main reasons –
- Transferring data file location.
- Outlook data file corruption
- Outlook profile corruption
Since, the error are disabling your mailing operation, it is required to resolve it firstly.
How to Fix Outlook Data File cannot be Accessed Error
There are multiple ways available to resolve the Outlook error in 2016, 2019, 2013, 2010 edition. Generally, by generating a new profile, we can fix the error. Moreover, users can select to refresh MS Outlook settings to solve the 0x8004010f error.
Configure a New Outlook Profile
First of all, we need to locate the Outlook data file of the current profile after that generate a new profile having the Outlook data file & at last set it as the default profile. Then follow the provided guidelines –
Step 1. Locate the existing MS Outlook data file
- Firstly open the Control Panel & hit on mail option.
- Then the Mail Setup Window will display there, hit on Show Profiles button.
- After that choose existing Outlook profile & hit on the Properties button.
- There will again open Mail Setup window, click on Data file option.
- Choose data files tab under the Account Settings Window.
- Now note the data file name & location and see the checkmark which represent the default data file.
- Now click on Close button to exit from it.
Step 2 Generate New Profile in MS Outlook
Now the second step is create profile to fix Outlook 2016 error Outlook data file cannot be accessed issue. It can be completed in two ways – Auto-configuration & Manual account setup.
With Auto Account Setup
- Start Control Panel & click Mail >> Show Profiles
- Choose the Outlook profile & hit on Add button.
- Provide the new profile name in displayed dialog box then click on OK button.
- Add new account dialog box will display there. Type the mail details and click on Next button.
- Then hit on the finish button when the account has configured.
Manual Process to generate new IMAP & POP account
- Follow the provided above steps till Account dialog box shows.
- Now choose chose configure server setting / additional server types radio button & click on next button.
- Select Internet Email option & hit on Next button.
- Provide the mail account details & hit on Test account settings to verify account settings.
- Choose the existing Outlook data file radio option & hit on browse option.
- Choose previously located Outlook file & click on OK button.
- Then hit on Next >> Close and finish button successfully generate the new account.
Step 3 – Configure new Outlook Profile to default Profile
- Open control panel of your system and go to Mail >> Show profiles
- Select the new profile from always use the profile drop-down menu.
- Hit on Ok to exit.
Alternative Way when Profile Creation is failed
Users can change the current Outlook data file profile to new temporary one & then change it back to real file. It can refresh MS Outlook send/receive settings & may solve how to fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed and 0x8004010f error. To solve this error, follow the provided below steps –
- Open MS Outlook & go to File menu >> Account Settings >> Account Settings
- Choose the error regarding account and hit on change folder option.
- Next, hit on new Outlook data file & provide it any name. Click on Ok option.
- Apply the folders of new data file, to choose inbox folder then click on OK button.
- Again click on change folder & re-select the original data file & folder. Click on OK button.
- Hit on data files tab >> remove to delete the newly created file
- Select account settings window & click on send/ receive option.
With these simple steps, you should know how to fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed issue in no time.
Suggestion when nothing works
If the above mentioned solutions don’t fix your error, then it means that your Outlook data file has corrupted and in this case, you should try the PST Recovery software that can simply solve how to fix Outlook data file corruption issue. It is professional tool and recover all mail items of Outlook from damaged & deleted Outlook PST files in batch. The UNICODE PST file can then be imported to any Outlook edition without any issue. It will also resolve how fix Outlook data file cannot be accessed error.