How to Fix Error – Inaccessible Identifies Issue in Outlook for Mac
If you are handling both personal and professional emails on the Microsoft Outlook platform (whether on Microsoft or Mac System), then you must be well aware of how important are these identities to professionally achieve your accounts. An identity is dependable to save the set of email messages, calendars, contacts, tasks, account settings and etc. The identities can be managed under Microsoft Database Utility which gets automatically installed along with the Office installation.
The information saved on each identity can be situated in this default location:
/Users/ username/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/
But, the people may sometimes find the trouble in accessing and opening the identities, mainly once they have re-installed Outlook for Mac 2011. This unreachability and the inaccessible problem is often going with an error message: “this Identity cannot be opened with this version”.
The issue has occurred once the user has re-installed the office for Mac without installing the latest updates.
This error occurs when the user has re-installed Office for Mac without installing the latest updates. Now the significance of this error message, the user is unable to open emails and other information saved on the Outlook data files.
Another Errors which occur due to corruption and damage in identify folder are:
- The contacts database is not shown properly.
- The search option does not work or provide results as per the set criteria.
- The Outlook data files unable to access
- MS Outlook not work properly and quits unexpectedly
- Other data items like contacts, emails, tasks, etc. are not managed in Outlook correctly.
- Blank Office Reminders screen displays.
Resolve to Fix Identity Inaccessible Error in Outlook 2011 for Mac
For this, follow these steps mentioned below properly:
Exits all the applications in your Mac system except the Finder Apps
Now, see for hard disk space available in your system. It is three times the size of Outlook Identity Folder. To confirm the hard disk size, follow these steps:
- Open Finder application, press the Go option > Home > Open Documents Folder
- Then, go to Microsoft User Data > Office 2011 Identities > Identity Folder
- Press the File Menu and choose Get Infor > Get Information
- Finally, analyze the hard disk size.
Get a Backup of your current Identity by following steps:
- Press the Go button >> home in Finder application
- Choose the Documents folder and press the Microsoft User Data.
- After this, right press on Office 2011 Identities folder and choose a Duplicate option. It will take a backup of the folder.
Remake Database Folders
After the backup is generated, you have to rebuild the data items. For this, follow the below-listed steps:
- Click on the option key from the keyword and press the desktop icon Outlook 2011 to access the Database utility Window.
- Hit on the database that you need to keep and press the Rebuild button.
- To show the current status, a Rebuilding Main Identity screen will open.
- After the completion of the process, a notification will display “Your database was rebuilt successfully”.
- Press the Done button. Also, cross-check whether your issues and error are resolved or not. If not, then proceeds further, else you can stop here.
Create a new Identity Folder.
Once more than one profile is configured in Outlook, then there will be multiple identities as well. And every identity has an individual address book, calendar, etc. So, you need to check the identity folder that identity folder is corrupt and therefore, there is a need to make a new identity to fix the error. Follow the mentioned steps to make a new identity:
- Exits all the applications and open Microsoft Database utility by clicking option key and pressing Outlook 2011 icon from the desktop.
- Then, press the + button from the left side panel of the utility screen and provide a name to this folder.
- Hit on the Action option and choose Set as a Default option to set the newly created folder as a default identity.
- Now, close the MS Database Utility Window. The issue would have been solved.
The above-described solution is the manual method to resolve the inaccessible identity error. But, if you notice this method is a too long and time-consuming and confusing process. Without technical knowledge, no one can perform this manual process.
Automated Approach – Professional Way
To resolved the Outlook identity folder carefully and quickly, then one can go with the reliable and third-party tool i.e. OLM Converter software that solved the error within a few clicks and make it accessible despite severe damage in the file. The software permits users to competently convert all Outlook for Mac data – contacts, emails, attachments, hyperlinks, etc. to PST.
It has multiple saving options offered other than PST like – MBOX, EML, HTML, MSG, IMAP, office 365, Zimbra, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Exchange Server, Gmail, G Suite, etc. The software has a very simple GUI, anyone can easily handle and works with this tool without having any problem. This software supports all the MS Outlook versions like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc. and also supports Windows OS versions including Windows 10. Users can also try a free demo facility to know the software functionality without any charges.