How to Backup Email Account to Hard Drive or Cloud?
Admin | Cloud Backup Email Backup Email Conversion email migration Featured How to's Software Technology | 4 minutes read | Last updated on June 5th, 2023,
There are numerous reasons that you need to look after when you think of taking backup of your emails. Today, email has become one of the common means of communication. Maintaining backup of email account is one of the essential part of both small and large business infrastructure. However, if you are unsure how to take backup of emails, no worries, you are at the right place. So, in the following segment, we will be discussing how to backup email account to hard drive or on cloud applications. There are multiple ways you can adopt to backup email account. Either accessing protocols, using webmail emails in desktop-supported email clients or you can use All-Mail Backup Tool. The first method involves lot of technical steps and need to be executed under expert’s guidance. The second method offers direct backup facility. It allows to enter login details of desired webmail account and backup all its emails to 10+ saving options. You can use both the methods and perform the desired task. Let us first understand how to take backup of email account with perfect backup utility. Read Also: How to Save Email from Webmail to Computer
Trouble-Free Direct App to Backup Email Account to Hard Drive/CloudEmail Backup Tool is a simple and easily accessible approach to backup email account to hard drive and on multiple cloud applications. The software offers advance features and possessed with self-explanatory GUI so that any user can utilize the tool and backup email account to hard drive/cloud apps. This solution allows to backup email to PST, PDF, MSG, EML, EMLx, MBOX, Office 365, Exchange Server, IMAP Server, Gmail, G Suite and more.
Steps to Backup Email Account to Hard Drive/CloudStep 1. Download and run All-Mail Backup Software. Step 2. List of sources will appear on the screen on the left pane. Choose desired source and enter its login details and click on Login button. Step 3. Software connect to selected account and list its entire folder items on the screen. Step 4. Go to Select Saving Option and select saving option as per need. Step 5. If you have selected desktop-supported file type, then set the destination path. And, if you have selected cloud application, then provide the login details. Step 6. Set filter and the tool will backup email account to hard drive or cloud. Step 7. Click on Backup button to start the process. The process instantly start the process and completes by displaying a completion message on the screen “Backup Process Completed”. Click OK and the tool will generate a log report and show the same straightaway on the screen. Backup Email Account on Multiple Desktop Email Programs Backup Email Account on Microsoft Outlook Follow the steps to backup email account on Microsoft Outlook 2019:
- Open Outlook, go to File, select Open & Export and choose Import/Export
- Import and Export Wizard appears, select Export to a file and press Next
- Select option Outlook Data File (.pst) as export option and hit Next.
- Choose email account from the list displaying and click Next.
- Set destination folder and hit Finish After this, Outlook will prompt to create additional password for backup, but skip it by clicking Cancel if you want.
- Launch and configure Thunderbird account on the system. Once you done with the configuration process, check the Inbox and see if there is missing message. If it is there, then synchronize it in a manual way by clicking Get Messages button.
- However, backup by using Thunderbird app is quite complicated as this email client does not have in-built export feature. But, there is a workaround:
- Make new folder on the computer and rename it accordingly.
- Access desired email folder in Thunderbird that you want to take backup of.
- Right-click on email files and select Save as option. Navigate to the folder you created previously to save email messages.
- Open Apple Mail, move to Mail and select Add Account.
- Choose option Other Mail Account and press Continue.
- Provide details of email server and hit Sign In.
- Right-click email folder to backup and select Export Mailbox.
- Choose destination folder and hit Choose button. Mail export mails in .mbox format.