Most of the users prefer IBM Notes over Live Mail email client because of its database driven structure. And the main cause to Import Live Mail to Lotus Notes due to the security feature of Lotus Notes. As Lotus Notes is most of the safest, secure and reliable email client because it workings only with Domino Server and without the connection of Server, one cannot get the ability of using data within Notes.
Lotus Notes offers numerous benefits over other e-mail applications like:
- Information is located centrally on the Domino server
- Centralised storage offers organisation wide access to organisational information (e.g. organisational address book) and individual user databases.
- This means information kept in users' Lotus Notes databases are available to other users – with the proper access – whilst wandering between sites or from everywhere in the world through the Internet.
- Another benefit of preserving information centrally on the Domino server is that if there is a difficult with a user's local desktop application, the Notes database is not missing, but can still be retrieved, either at an altered workstation, or by one of the web clients.
- Every user's information is centrally stored in that user's database that allows for greater information sharing within an organisation.
- All users can communicate with other users through e-mail, but also control and delegate access of their user database to different users.
- This allows for meetings to be easily scheduled and calendars to be managed by other users (e.g.
a personal assistant can administer their manager's calendar and/or e-mail). Lotus Notes creators can create very specialized applications to interrelate with the information kept in the Notes database.