Upload eM Client to Office 365 Portal – Complete Guide
Hi, I am the head of my organization’s IT department, based in London. Currently we are having 4 offices and all using eM Client as the desktop email app for exchanging emails and sharing other data. There are about 2500+ machines and around 3000+ user profiles comprised in all the 4 offices. Now we are having trouble in coordinating the data at a centralized location, so we are planning to move entire eM Client data to MS Office 365 Enterprise E3 license. Since the data is quite large in size and is very crucial, I need a trustworthy solution for the same. Can anybody suggest me the best possible solution for migrating emails from eM Client to O365 webmail with precise data?
Do you find yourself struck in the similar situation as described above? Then, this blog may help you where you may find answers to most common queries like : how to upload emails from eM Client to Office 365 mailbox? Is using a third party tool safest option for eM Client to Exchange Online migration? What are the chances of 100% accurate transfer of eM Client mail to O365 webmail?
Before answering all these questions, let’s find out the comparison between eM Client and Office 365:
eM Client and Office 365 – Overview
eM Client is a Windows based email application that supports emailing, calendaring, chatting and managing contacts and tasks. The app was developed in 2006 and supports mail account configured using POP, IMAP, Exchange (EWS) and Airsync protocols. Moreover, eM Client is a fully featured email application that provides touch support and compatibility with all Windows OS – 10, 8.1, Vista etc. The application is available in two licenses : Home License (Free) and Pro License (Paid)
Important: eM Client requires MS .NET Framework 2.0 for proper working.
Office 365 is a cloud-based application that is available for both Mac and Windows OS. It is a subscription-based application and is available in different licenses : Home, Business and Enterprise. Based on the different licenses, Office 365 provides MS Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.) on cloud and delivers a range of productivity services which includes Exchange Online, SharePoint Server, Lync web conferencing, Yammer, Sway, storage space at OneDrive, 60 Skype minutes per month and etc. With any purchased Office 365 subscription, you get the latest apps versions and automatically receive updates whenever they happen.
Reason for eM Client to Office 365 Migration
- Office 365 provides anytime anywhere access to your email, contacts, documents, calendars etc. from your system, mobile, tablet etc.
- Seamless integration with MS Office apps and other services
- The subscription includes 24/7 support, robust data security, disaster recovery management etc.
- The application automatically upgrades latest software version, at no extra cost
- Provides easy collaboration between team members
- Users get larger mailbox storage, so no worries of cleaning up of your mailbox
How to Convert eM Client to Office 365 Portal?
There may available a number of manual methods for export eM Client to O365 webmail, but they can’t be considered as reliable ones because of higher chances of data loss and corruption issues. So, you can opt for professional utility that will help you easily convert eM Client messages to Exchange Online account. eM Client to O365 Converter is a complete professional utility that allows instant, easy, safe and reliable migration of emails from eM Client into Exchange Online account. Batch migration is one of the most highlighting features of the software that lets users to move their unlimited eM Client mail folders to O365 portal, in instant clicks. Its simple GUI is beneficial for both technical and non-technical users who can effortlessly use the software and perform the desired task, without any technical training.
Now follow the complete process that involves the following two stages :
Stage I : First extract emails from eM Client
Stage II : Convert extracted eM Client messages to Office 365 portal
Stage I : Extract emails from eM Client
Step 1 : Open eM Client on your system
Step 2 :Go to File >> Export
Step 3 : From the new window that appears, select “Export to .eml files” and click Next
Step 4 : Choose the mail folders from which you want to export emails >> Next
Step 5 : Click Browse to choose the destination location where you want to save the messages and finally click Finish
Stage II : Upload extracted emails from eM Client to Office 365 Mailbox
- Download and launch the software
- Select the emails that you just extracted from eM Client
- Check the messages using its preview option
- Click on Export and choose Office 365 option
- Enter your Office 365 login credentials and click on Convert button
- The software will start the process of importing eM Client emails to Exchange Online account
- On completion, an alert window will appear showing “Conversion Done Successfully!”
How eM Client to Office 365 Converter is helpful to users?
- Supports batch migration of eM Client mail folders to O365 account
- Maintains complete folder hierarchy throughout the process
- Preserves email Meta headers, formatting, images, hyperlinks accurately
- Maintains the originality of email attachments while uploading emails from eM Client to Office 365 portal
- Perform direct migration from desktop based eM Client messages to Cloud environment
- Works efficiently on all Windows OS -10, 8.1, 8, 7 etc.
eM Client to Office 365 mailbox migration can be easily resolved using professional solution. If you are still confused about its working then you can try eM Client to Office 365 FREE download utility and learn how to configure Office 365 in eM Client. Free demo tool allows conversion of first 20 emails from eM Client to Exchange Online webmail.