How to Transfer Apple Mail Accounts to Outlook for Windows OS?
Apple Mail application is the default email app on a Mac machine – Mac, MacBook, iPhone. If you have been using Mac Mail for long, and in right to use when you think through or required to export on a Windows machine, you would have to transfer from Apple Mail accounts to Microsoft Outlook because of the fact that you cannot use Apple Mail email app on a Windows OS machine.
The task of MBOX to PST – Apple Mail to Outlook conversion – can become difficult and problematic for most users, as there is no direct method for such migration.
In this blog, we’ll list two specific methods using which you can export from Apple Mail to Windows Outlook, and the first technique is manual and the third-party or automated is the second technique.
Transfer Apple Mail Emails to Windows Outlook Manually
For the process of manual conversion, the need for a few other applications is required for particular reasons. Mac Mail saves the mailbox data in .mbox format file and Microsoft Outlook saves its data in .pst file format. In MS Outlook the support for direct export of the MBOX file is not permitted.
Though tools like Eudora and Outlook Express are compulsory. Manual MBOX to PST – Apple Mail to Outlook is a multi-step procedure. Therefore, we’ll go through each step one after the other respectively.
- Import MBOX Files from Apple Mail
- Create the MBOX File
- Import Emails to Outlook Express
- Move Emails from OE to MS Outlook
Step 1. Import MBOX Files from Apple Mail
By using the manual way, you can export mailboxes from Apple Mail to MS Outlook and its many versions available like Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc. on a Windows system; follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Apple Mail.
- Hit on the File >> Import mailboxes.
- In Import Data From the list, choose Files in .mbox format and the “Continue”.
- Now “Browse” for the MBOX file in the specific path on your Mac system.
- Choose MBOX and press “Continue”.
- Upon the process of accomplishment. Hit on the “Done”.
Step 2. Create the MBOX File
- Change the extension in .mbx.
For example: ABC to abc.mbx.
- Now move the (.mbx) file to Eudora’s directory.
Navigate through this path for exporting the file to Eudora’s directory.
C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora
- Open Eudora app >> choose .mbx
- Now close the application: the file will be created.
Step 3. Import Emails to Outlook Express
- Launch and open Outlook Express.
- Hit on the File tab, click on the “Import” and then press on the Messages.
- Choose Eudora from the list of email applications >> click the Next.
- Browse the .mbx file (for presentation) and choose it and hit the Ok.
- Go to the Next >> Next and then hit the “Finish” button.
Step 4. Move Emails from OE to MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook for Windows.
- Hit the File option, then click on the Open.
- Choose Import and Export.
- Select the option “Import Internet Mail and Addresses” and then hit on the Next.
- Choose Outlook Express 6.x, 5.x, 4.x, or Windows Mail
- Now check the “Import-Mailbox” option and then click on the Next.
Finished! Conversion from Apple Mail to MS Outlook using the manual technique has done, and you can continue using the exact mailbox in Microsoft Outlook, which you were using with the Mac Mail app on Mac.
Export from Apple Mail Mailbox to Outlook with Automated Solution
Well, the manual technique does works well. At the end of the process, you would get the expected result, but the limitation of the free method to save MBOX emails to PST file is, it will take so much time for the entire conversion process to finish, and you would require to download extra applications like Eudora & Outlook Express. And setting these extra applications for Windows would take a few more of your crucial time making the process even time-consuming.
As mentioned above, you receive the expected result with the manual conversion method, but it doesn’t assure you to maintain the integrity and hierarchy of the MBOX file.
So, to ignore all these situations where chances of data loss are often possible, it is suggested to use the professional for the conversion process. The software would not only help with data loss and file structure but will save lots of your time with amazing functionality to improve your overall MBOX files to PST conversion experience.
How to Transfer Apple Mail Accounts to Outlook for Windows?
Step 1. Download & run MBOX Converter on your Windows OS.
Step 2. Open the program, and hit the “Select Files” button.
Step 3. Select “Select Files” or “Select Folder” to load Apple Mail .mbox emails for conversion. After loading the Apple Mail mailbox data, hit the Next button.
Step 4. Now take the preview of all added MBOX emails and then press the “Export” button.
Step 5. After that, select or deselect folders from the appeared list and then choose a saving option as “PST”. Then, also choose sub-option under PST like destination path, split PST, and apply filters.
Step 6. Click the Export button to start the conversion of Apple Mail files to Outlook PST and view live progress.
Step 7. Finally, click on the Ok button to accomplish the process.
The conversion task from Apple Mail to Outlook is not an easy task, and for some users, it might be a little difficult. The step-by-step process in the given order is suggested to avoid an uncertain loss. Alternatively, you can go with the professional MBOX File to PST Converter software.