Multiple Procedures to Import, Export Emails from MS Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird
Procedure to Import MS Outlook Emails to Thunderbird
These days, digital market is gaining popularity among all users. And communication exchange is one of the main technology that is developing day by day. Although, there are number of email applications available that is easy for a user for transferring or sharing important data across the globe. These email applications delivers advance and reliable functionalities in accessing the data in an appropriate way. Moreover, a time comes when a user thinks of switching from one email application to another in order to experience new environment and more secure features.
And one of the common query that a user is dealing with nowadays is how to export Microsoft Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird? It is one of the main challenging task for users because there would be many technical steps involved which needs to implemented correctly and if not, then the whole procedure could corrupt and then result in a severe loss of data. So, in the following blog we will learn some tips and do’s on how one can export Outlook emails to Mozilla Thunderbird.
Reasons – Why to Export Microsoft Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird?
Mozilla Thunderbird is a popular and cross-platform emailing program with number of remarkable features. Due to this, many users wants to import Outlook email folder to Thunderbird. However, MS Outlook offers user-friendly environment but delivers paid services. Whereas, Thunderbird is completely free of cost as well as handy application launched by Mozilla. With the help of this email client, users can handle multiple emails at a time, newsgroup, news feed etc. in easy way. In addition, Thunderbird also offers features such as saved search folders, quick search, messaging group, saved search folders and so on. Therefore, users are moving from Outlook application to Thunderbird program. In the below section, we will now discuss the solutions that allow users to export Outlook folder to Mozilla Thunderbird.
Manual Way to Move Outlook Email Folder to Thunderbird
#1. Export Microsoft Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird on Single Machine
- Go to Start button of the machine, select Default Programs and choose set your Default Program.
- Choose Outlook and click set this program as default.
- Now, open Mozilla Thunderbird application and click on Tools. Select Import/Export option.
- Choose Radio button appearing next to Mail tab and click Next.
- Select Outlook from the options displaying and again click on Next.
- Now click Finish to complete the process.
Note: Repeat the above mentioned steps to import Outlook PST file like Contacts, Address Book, Calendar etc. Now, set Mozilla Thunderbird as default email client application.
#2. Moving Data from Single to Multiple Machine
- At first, install Thunderbird on the system with already installed MS Outlook application.
- Exit from Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Now, bring the cursor on the search bar of the system.
- Enter %APPDATA% in the same.
- Choose the folder name Roaming in order to attach external storage device to machine USB port.
- Roaming screen will appear displaying the Thunderbird folder, right-click on it.
- Click on Send To option.
- Choose external storage connected device to import the data.
- Now connect the same on different machine to open it.
- Right-click on imported folder and select Copy option.
- Again, click on search bar present on the start button of the machine.
- Type %APPDATA% and select Roaming folder.
- Now, remove Thunderbird folder and paste chosen copy to roaming folder.
The process is very lengthy and requires a lot of time for implementation. And in order to avoid such hassle, experts has launched alternative cost-effective solution i.e. Outlook to Thunderbird Tool.
Quick Way to Export Outlook Email Folder Data to Thunderbird
The above manual process is very complicated to execute. And to perform the entire method in instant and smart way the professionals came up with Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird application. With the help of this application, one can easily import emails from MS Outlook folder to Thunderbird in a bulk without facing any data loss issues. Now, let’s take a look on how to import Outlook email data folder to Mozilla Thunderbird using the application.
- Launch the software on the system.
- Click on Add File or Add Folder button to load Outlook file folder on the software for export.
- Click on the required email file and check its preview in Preview pane.
- Click on Export and choose MBOX as a saving format.
- Select the other options according to need and click on Convert.
- Click on OK once the process is finished with the successful message “Conversion Done Successfully”.
However, it is recommended to go for FREE DEMO so that one can analyse the entire software processing before investing directly in the license key. With the help of free download edition, one can get the idea of software functionality and features as it allows to export 20 Outlook files to Mozilla Thunderbird.