How to Open EDB File without Exchange Server?
Every application includes its own file type to store the database. Exchange Server make use of EDB to preserve all user profile mailboxes as well as public folders. An Exchange DB file carries entire data of Exchange Server account such as emails, calendar, notes, attachments, tasks and deleted items as well. Thus, it become an important file for a user using Exchange Server. However, it is clear that Exchange Server is must when someone wants to open and retrieve EDB file data. At times, Exchange admins have offline EDB files on a different system where Exchange is not configured. At this point, it become a problem for users due to which, they start looking a solution for “how to open EDB file without Exchange Server”.
Open Exchange Database (EDB) Offline without Exchange Server
It is not a difficult process to open Exchange database offline without MS Exchange configuration. Therefore, here, we will discuss some solutions that one can use to extract data from EDB file, covering the following topics:
- Requirement to open EDB file without Exchange Server.
- Conditions to be met to open Exchange database file.
- Easy method to extract data from inaccessible EDB file – CubexSoft EDB Repair Tool.
Why to Open EDB File without Exchange Server?
There can be many reasons behind the need of opening Exchange database offline such as:
- Corrupt EDB file.
- Downtime of Exchange Server or not having server accessibility.
- Exchange Server maintenance.
- Trying to open unmounted EDB files.
- Exchange Server not opening EDB file.
All these scenarios will clear out why to open EDB file without Exchange Server
Conditions to be Met when Opening Exchange Database (EDB) File
To extract data from EDB file without Exchange Server, many conditions need to be met, such as:
- Proper accessibility to MS Exchange Server.
- Exchange DB file should be mounted on the server.
- EDB files need to be in healthy state.
- Exchange database should be in clean shutdown state.
If you fulfil all these conditions, then only you can open EDB file by applying manual techniques. Because, if not, then you need to make use of third party utility.
How to Open EDB File without Exchange Server?
First, the manual method is discussed, which is free to access and at some point solve the issue to open Exchange database offline. There are two approaches that can help to open and extract data from EDB file.
Approach 1. Microsoft Inbuilt Utility
Follow the steps and check how to open Exchange database without Exchange Server:
- Visit Google Search and then search exe. Now, download MS Exchange Server Mailbox Merge Wizard. Launch the same and click Next.
- Choose option Extract and Import and hit Next.
- Select checkbox of Extract data from an Exchange Server mailbox radio box and press Next.
- Click tab of Import Procedure and select Archive data to target store and click OK.
- Choose option of Message Details and enter desired details. Again, click OK.
- Select Mailbox for Export and click on Next.
- Provide location to start the process. After the process completes, click Finish.
The process help to extract data from EDB file into PST. Now, import the resultant file in configured account of MS Outlook to open EDB file without Exchange Server.
Approach 2. Exchange Admin Center
Implement the below step-by-step process to open Exchange database offline:
- At first, create New Share Folder (make sure that drive should be different from the one holding OS).
- Click Permission tab and apply Folder Shared and Security level.
- Move to Organization Management and open Exchange Admin Center. Click Permission and double-click Recipient Management and go to Add on the Role, select Role, choose Mailbox Import Items and hit OK (access the steps to allow Export Permission to mailbox).
- Now, open EAC and choose Mailbox. Select required mailbox, right-click on the same and select option Export to PST file. Once done, click Finish (Operate the steps to export mailbox to PST).
Go to chosen location where you store the resultant data using steps of Exchange Admin Center and import the same to view the content.
The manual process is free of cost but includes lengthy steps and does not guarantee data accuracy.
Direct and Best Solution to Open EDB File without Exchange
EDB to PST is a complete reliable utility, which provides direct functionality to open EDB file without Exchange by using other formats. The application is easy to operate and provide simple steps to extract data from EDB. The tool comes with number of remarkable benefits and features that can be applied as per need to open Exchange database offline. Some of the main functions of the tool listed below:
- Move batch EDB mailboxes at one time without data loss.
- Extract data from EDB items accurately such as emails, contacts, tasks, notes, calendar etc.
- Fix Exchange database corruption and helps to retrieve data from corrupted file.
- Advance PST Split option to split large size PST file after conversion.
- Capability to extract unlimited EDB mailbox files from Exchange.
- Supports all Microsoft Exchange editions EDB files including Exchange 2019.
- In-built Preview pane to open inaccessible EDB file without Exchange Server.
- Avail Filters for selective EDB file migration into desired file type.
- Ability to extract data from Pub.edb and Priv.edb files of Exchange.
Apart from this, if you are facing EDB file corruption due to hardware or software issue, then several solutions available that can easily repair EDB file and allows to view the associated data without Exchange Server.
At first, use Eseutil command line that can quickly solve the issue, but requires deep technical knowledge. Thus, it is better to choose Exchange EDB Recovery. A short and direct way to repair every bit of EDB data. The software can repair Exchange database dirty shutdown error and extract data from inaccessible EDB file without efforts. Moreover, the tool not only fix damage EDB file but also facilitate to save the same in multiple desktop-supported file types and cloud accounts.