How to Fix “Unable to Send or Receive Emails in Outlook Mac” Issues?
Outlook for Mac is a popular email client used by many individuals and organizations for efficient communication. However, like any software, it may encounter issues that stop users from sending or receiving emails. This blog’s goal is to provide troubleshooting steps to resolve the common problem of being unable to send or receive emails in Outlook Mac. By following these steps, you can get your email functionality up and running smoothly once again.
For Mac users, one of the most popular Mail alternatives is MS Outlook. You can easily manage everything, including tasks, notes, emails, contacts, calendar events, journals, and other items with the help of this third-party email client app. SMTP or IMAP/POP3 protocols are used by Microsoft Outlook to send and receive email messages. But, the Mac Outlook program needs various other things to sync effortlessly in order or work perfectly with a mail account. There are a lot of other things that can stop Outlook for Mac from functioning normally.
Users may experience issues with Mac Outlook not sending or receiving emails as a result of these disruptions. If this problem occurs, the user must first define its root cause before using a troubleshooting method to fix it. So, in this article, we’re trying to gather some of the most probable reasons that can stop Outlook for Mac from sending or receiving emails, as well as troubleshooting methods to fix Outlook for Mac.
How to Fix Outlook for Mac’s Email Sending and Receiving Issues?
There are a variety of causes for Outlook for Mac’s unable to send or receive emails; examples include incorrect credentials or a setting problem. Following that, we’ll talk about these problems and how to fix them.
#Reason 1- Offline Mode is active in Outlook for Mac.
You cannot send or receive emails if Outlook for Mac is operating in offline mode. Therefore, you’re necessary to make sure that Outlook is accessible online.
Resolution: To fix the problem, press the Outlook tab and make sure the Work Offline checkbox is not selected.
#Reason 2- Outlook cache holds items from the Exchange Account.
If the cache becomes corrupted, the problem is more likely to be an Exchange server synchronization problem. This problem can interrupt and sometimes completely stop Outlook for Mac’s seamless process. In this situation, clearing the cache is necessary for Outlook for Mac troubleshooting.
Resolution: Remove Outlook cache to force Outlook for Mac to download all data items from the MS Exchange account again. The following procedures will help you clear Outlook’s cache and download data-
- Verify that your Computer is linked to the Exchange Server.
- To remove the cache from an Exchange folder, select it in the navigation panel, hold down the CTRL key, and then right-click. Then select Properties.
- Click the Empty Cache button on the General tab.
- Once the cache is empty, Outlook for Mac will begin downloading the data items directly from the Exchange server.
Important Note– The previously mentioned instructions will remove all data that is not synchronized with the Microsoft Exchange Server, including the mail certificate for the contacts. The most recent data items from the Exchange server are replaced for a folder’s contents when the cache is removed. Therefore, be sure that your Outlook for Mac data is backed up before erasing the cache.
#Reason 3- Outlook is not connected with Server running Microsoft Exchange Server.
Follow the instructions below to check the Exchange Server connection:
- To resolve Outlook for Mac not sending/receiving email messages, hit on the Tools button and then choose Accounts.
- Go to the Exchange account link on the left side of the window. The indicator icon’s color will change to orange if there is a connectivity problem.
- If you’re linked to the account effectively before, just try to link with it from any other Exchange app, like Outlook on the web.
- As well, by connecting to the Exchange Server administrator, you can check the Exchange Server.
#Reason 4- Authentication is required for POP & IMAP accounts.
The outgoing mail (SMTP) server that needs authentication, is used by POP and IMAP accounts.
Resolution– Few email services demand SMTP server authentication. Try turning on SMTP authentication if you’re certain that all of your account settings are correct but you’re still unable to send emails.
- On the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Select the Account from the Accounts wizard’s left side.
- Hit on More Options under the Outgoing Server section.
- After selecting the authentication type from the pop-up menu, add the credentials.
#Reason 5- Connections to the SMTP Server are blocked by the ISP or network firewall.
You must keep in mind that the ISP or network has a firewall that blocks connections to the outgoing mail (SMTP) server for your email service.
Resolution– Verify whether your ISP or network administrator can provide a choice of SMTP server for the POP or IMAP account.
- In case, if you already have the address of a different SMTP server, then include it in the account.
- Choose Accounts from the Tools tab by clicking on it.
- Then, select the Account from the Accounts wizard’s left side.
- Enter the server name/address in the Outgoing Server box.
Important Note– If you’re utilizing a laptop in multiple locations, then the SMTP Server you’re utilizing in one location probably will not function in other locations. Each internet connection you utilize might have a firewall with its own limitations.
#Reason 6- Incorrect Account Settings or Credentials
You must enter the correct information about your credentials in order for Outlook for Mac to function properly. If there is a problem with the account setting, then you’ll face trouble in running Mac Outlook.
Resolution– Verify that the account preferences section’s username, password, and other settings are correct. We have listed some steps to instantly fix Mac Outlook-
- Choose the Accounts option under the Tools tab.
- Opt account by clicking the left side of the Accounts box.
- Verify that the username, password, and email address you entered are correct.
- Contact your email service provider for more information on how to set up your account in the Outlook for Mac application if it is still not working properly. Also, your account could need a few special configurations, such as overriding the system’s default port or requiring SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to connect.
Users experience problems when Outlook for Mac is interrupted or stops sending or receiving emails. In this article, we’ve covered how you can fix this problem. It is observed that the majority of issues users have with Outlook for Mac involve an incorrect or expired password, inaccurate information, incorrect connection settings, or sometimes an issue with the application itself.
The above-mentioned post solved the “unable to send or receive emails in Outlook Mac” issue. Users who want to shift from Mac to Windows Outlook can utilize the professional and trustworthy tool like CubexSoft OLM to PST Converter to make the process as simple as possible.
If none of the solutions listed above proves successful for you, then try OLM Converter Tool that is an amazing and expert software to convert OLM file to PDF, EML, MSG, DOC, HTML, CSV, ICS, MBOX, IMAP, Thunderbird, Outlook.com, Hosted Exchange Server, Office 365, Gmail, G Suite, Yahoo, and so on. It can effectively convert all emails, tasks, attachments, contacts, calendars, notes, etc., and maintains data integrity during the migration. It’s the best solution that delivers 100% accurate results after the conversion process.