Direct Saving & Creating MSG File into Microsoft Outlook
Summary: This post describes how to save and create MSG file into Microsoft Outlook. If you are using the Microsoft Outlook application for Windows OS or Outlook web the email message will be saved in .msg file format.
About MSG File
MSG file extension is simply a format to store Outlook mailbox items like contacts, email messages, to-do-list, calendars, reminders, tasks, and so on. It also saves fields like message body, sender & recipient detail, subject, date, and more.
Microsoft Outlook provides multiple options to save an email message, one of which is an MSG file. Messages saved in an MSG format on your machine or the cloud can be saved as a draft for later use. In that manner, any mailbox item can be shared with ease.
Steps to Create MSG (For MS Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016)
- Launch the Outlook Email Client on your local machine.
- Choose the Email Message which you want to save in the .msg file.
- Now, hit on the “File Tab” and then, press on “Save As” option.
(Note for Outlook 2007: In this step, if you are viewing the message in its own window, you have to go with the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.)
- Browse to the File Location where you want to Save the file.
- In the File Name field, enter a Name for the File.
- After that, hit on the “Save As Type” dropdown list and then, choose Outlook Message Format (.msg)
- Finally, click on the Save tab. The email message will be saved in .msg File Format.
Using the above steps, you can quickly solve the problem of how to save and create an MSG file into the Microsoft Outlook application. But, if you want to save these .msg files into another file format like MSG to PDF, PST, EML, MBOX, DOC, HTML, RTF, DOC, Gmail, Outlook.com, Office 365, Outlook.com, Zimbra, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, and more, then you can easily do so with the use of MSG Converter tool without any problem.
MSG Converter Tool also provides multiple features like advanced filters & PDF options, batch & selective conversion, file naming function, save attachments, and more. In addition, the software provides a free demo edition to convert, save, move, export, and import the first 25 MSG files to the desired saving file format without any cost.