How Do I Add An IBM (HCL Lotus Notes) Email to Outlook? – Quick Guide!
There are various solutions available to migrate the emails from Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST file format. But the chance is very rare that one specific solution will work for all. That’s why in this article you will get multiple solutions and also get complete information about our recommended software to learn how do I add an IBM email to Outlook PST format. However, before exporting emails from HCL Notes to Outlook PST file format, you must first understand why users want to switch one email client to another.
Reasons and Requirement for Switching HCL Notes Emails to Outlook PST Format
HCL Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook both are popular and widely used email clients. Microsoft Outlook has PST/OST as database file and HCL Notes uses the NSF file. Due to the better benefits and features of MS Outlook, most of the clients want to switch and move on from IBM Lotus Notes. Here are some benefits of Microsoft Outlook over IBM Notes that attract the user toward itself.
Benefits of Microsoft Outlook Email Program
- The user graphical interface of Microsoft Outlook is more familiar and easy than the IBM Notes and the features of Outlook are provided in a better way.
- MS Outlook manages and includes multiple accounts separately.
- Microsoft Outlook can offer offline accessibility, unlike Notes.
- Microsoft Outlook supports various types of accounts such as Exchange Server, Microsoft 365, IMAP, POP, and etc.
- MS allows the usage of the latest updated edition of Outlook each time.
- Easy to use with an application suitable for all kinds of users (technical/non-technical)
- Better data management and security than other email client apps.
- The security of Microsoft Outlook boasts a higher level than Microsoft.
- The maintenance cost of Outlook is low.
All the advantages of Microsoft Outlook attract users to opt for it in a big way. For that users need to open the Lotus Note NSF file data to Outlook PST file format as the MS Outlook email client supports only PST file format as the database. But there is no dedicated method to migrate the data files free. But there is a free method you can export the data from IBM Notes to a CSV file, and then import the CSV files into Outlook. While it is not a secure and direct method you can complete a simple migration here. So, it was always suggested you use an automated CubexSoft NSF to PST Conversion software.
Direct Perform of HCL Notes NSF Files to Outlook Migration Using Third-Party Software
The free manual method to convert the data from NSF files to Outlook is simple, but it has so many limitations and drawbacks that the manual process is an error-prone method. Use an automated Converter tool that helps you to successfully migrate IBM Notes database to Outlook PST file format including all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and etc. items along with attachments. This application comes with so many advanced and unique features for users to easily understand the process of how do I open an IBM email to Outlook within a few simple clicks. The utility helps in keeping the folder structure of the NFS file into a PST file format during the process. The best aspect of the software is that it supports MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, etc. Let us know the software process better now:
- Download and Start the Software and then click on Add File(s) option
- Now browse and load NSF files from the system. The files will get added and show a preview of the uploaded items.
- Click on the Export button to select the PST saving option from the list.
- After that, select the destination path and set other desired options as per requirement. And then click on the Convert button.
- Once the conversion is successfully completed, you will get this confirmation message.
- Hence, users are now familiar with HCL Notes to Outlook conversion tool and the working. You can quickly convert complete mailbox items from IBM Lotus Notes NSF files to MS Outlook.
As the topic of conversation was finding the easy and effortless solution on how do I add an IBM email to Outlook, some helpful and useful points of the Microsoft Outlook email program over Lotus Notes were talked over primarily to understand the benefits of moving to Outlook. The article also got a manual process well-discussed for users for trial purposes and looking for challenges associated with it, a professional HCL Notes Export tool was fully explained with intuitive features along with the whole working process for better users understanding.